Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

oil leak in a weird spot ?

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2014, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak in a weird spot ?

2007 chevy cobalt... not to sure if it 2.2 or 2.4l... basic model no turbo.... Its been pissin oil like crazy.. i finally found out where it is leaking from since it was hard with no engine space Any ways i need help... the water pump feeder tube that runs underneath the exhaust manifold where it connects the water pump to the thermostat housing... the O RING where the 2 pipes join together on the REAR thermostat housing is pissin oil like crazy everytime i start it.. My question is is there supposed to be oil in there ? i dont no if this car is different or not but i was thinking definitly just antifreeze unless this car is different idk.. please anybody i dont want to disconnect everything and replace anything unless i know for sure

i dont know how to add a picture but this is the piece i am talking about...... and where its leaking from is on the right where the 2 pipes join over lapped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BD107-REAR-T...74dc9a&vxp=mtr

Last edited by danny84b; July 30th, 2014 at 12:05 PM.