Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Colorado
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, offering the usefulness of a larger truck without the fuel bill of one.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 07:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default ac off 2008 colorado

today on my way home from work the ac off message came on and the coolant gauge is registering cold. I checked fluid and is full. Have had truck since new and has 110,000 miles on it and this has never happened. I have read several post for similar issues but not sure if I need to take to dealer or if I can take care of myself.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

The AC OFF message displays when the engine coolant temperature is too high and the air conditioning in your vehicle needs to be turned off. This message usually displays along with the ENG HOT message. It usually is an indicator of the engine overheating. I find it odd that your coolant gauge was still registering cold. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection.

For your reference, this information is also available in the owner's manual. A digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...ado_owners.pdf

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old 12-20-2011, 06:36 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply. The ac off message was the only one i got. No engine messages. This morning when I started it to go to work it immediately came on. After a few miles the temp gauge started working and everything went back to normal. Fluids all checked good. I am figuring there may something electrical in then sensor feed. I am going to take it to the dealer to make sure but am worried if it is not displaying the message they will not be able to trouble shoot.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

If the message isn't displaying when you take the vehicle in, suggest that they take it for a drive and duplicate the things you do that triggers the light. They should also be able to connect their computer to the vehicles computer and get a history of when the light did come on. Please keep me posted on what they find.

Thanks.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 PM
CF Veteran

timingeorgia, see if you can get it scanned for code P0128. If P0128 is either set or pending, read through what forum member wgf did with his "ENGINE HOT A/C TURNED OFF" issue in thread 2008 Chevy Silverado Engine Hot Light. It may shed some light on what may be happening with your vehicle.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 AM
CF Beginner

I had exactly the same problema yesterday, when i was driving, the coolant gauge came down and the AC OFF message came on, in the afternoon, i was driving with the message, and then the coolant gauge start moving to middle, i turn on the ac and it was working, today morning, again the gauge came to cold and the ac was off again.

Anybody can help?
Old 07-19-2014, 08:04 PM
CF Beginner

Angry monigas

hi, i hope everything fine. i have a colorado 2008 and have the same problem .

ACC OOF AND TEMP GAUGE DOWN . I REPLACED THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR AND IT WORKED FINE FOR TWO DAYS , NOW I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

PLEASE SEND ME ANY SUGGESTIONS TO SOLVE THE FAIL.

THANKS A LOT
Old 07-19-2014, 08:07 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy Monigas

Does anybody have the assembly and electrical diagrams for the chevy colorado 2008 ^?

I will appreciate it

thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2014, 09:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default ac off. temperature gauge not working.

I got same problem has anyone figure out this issue yet?
Old 08-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

Hello jrs1842,

Were you able to figure out what was causing this issue? As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Feel free to private message me if you have any lingering questions or concerns.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-18-2014, 09:09 AM

Tags
2008, ac, air, airconditioning, chevrolet, chevy, colorado, coming, conditioning, drops, engine, hot, issues, light, problems, temp