Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

A/C compressor cycles on by itself

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2017, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C compressor cycles on by itself

I recently purchased a new 2016 Chevy Colorado. The A/C compressor automatically starts after starting the engine and setting the thermostat to heat and turning the fan on. Thinking there was a problem I went back to the dealership. I was informed that this is normal and there is nothing wrong. However, no one could explain why this happens. Is there any one out there that can explain why this happens.
w00dworker
Old January 25th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

it helps to reduce window fogging by removing moisture from the air. the a/c will run periodically but not for long periods as to cause evaporator freezing.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

I too have issues with the climate controls in my 2017 Colorado. Chevy really needs to rethink the logic of the system. I have had times where it was putting out hot air when everything was indicating it was off, and times where the A/C compressor was running when again everything looked like it was off. Manual OFF mode should be just that, no heat, no A/C, no fan, just plain OFF. Auto operation is nice when you want it, but a lot of times I just want to open the windows and let the air blow. Anybody else noticing the same things?
Old August 8th, 2017, 8:49 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that just the automatic climate control (?)
Old August 11th, 2017, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

I am still trying to sort the system out as far as operation is concerned. I think maybe it retains the last settings it had in the Auto mode and applies them again. Either way the user interface could be a lot simpler. Another thing I wish is that you could recall the environmental status screen without having to change a setting on the controls. Plus be able to set the duration. Right now you have about one second to see it, and then it is gone.