Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Passlock issue!!

Old December 13th, 2013, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Passlock issue!!

I have a 2007 Chevy Colorado with a believed passlock issue.
First issue was my hubby was driving down the road and the truck completely died and shut off. we diagnosed and fixed that issue and put in a new alternator and battery.

Now the new issue is it will crank but not start- (believed passlock issue). While researching online to figure out what could be the reason for not starting, I learned of the infamous passlock issue, and discovered this is the issue my hubby has had for about 2 yrs now. it would intermittently not start, wait 10 min then would start. We never saw the passlock light on the dash so had no clue that's what it was. I think that after changing the alternator and battery the passlock has completely locked us out now bc when the key is in the ON position all the dash lights come on, then after a few seconds they all go off except the engine light and the nasty little passlock light. We have tried many suggestions that we found online such as doing the 30 min key relearn and it has not worked. also did the trick of press gas petal 5 times in 3 seconds then hearing the chime-to wipe out the codes- and the passlock light then goes off then followed by redoing the key relearn again and that didn't work either. Our next suggestion to try it completely disabling the passlock so it will shut off and hopefully the truck will start as well as not have to no crank issues we previously had. Does anyone have any suggestions that I have not mentioned? PLEASE HELP. truck has been down for 2 days and I want my car back from my hubby!!
Old December 19th, 2014, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

You should probably take it to the Chevrolet dealership and let them work on it. I took my Canyon there for the exact same problem and they replaced the ignition housing (G-15795322) and a bolt (G-26028106) and I haven't had any issues with it since. Cost a little over $250.
Old December 20th, 2014, 8:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

there will be fault codes set in the theft deterrent module. get these codes read and post them here. Only them will it be possible to know where the fault lies and how to fix it.

These codes are body codes so you will need a full function scan tool to access these codes; a cheap code reader will not work.
Old August 27th, 2019, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Does yours have spark and fuel pulse? I feel like this is my issue too. But I dont have a full Ecu scan tool which sucks!!
Old August 27th, 2019, 2:04 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

You can use a test light with the probe inserted to the injector connection, that will tell you if you have a pulse.