Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Power locks and windows help

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2009, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks and windows help

I went to start my 2005 Colorado last night, and it seemed like the battery was dead. I jump started it, and that allowed me to get the trcuk started, and so far it has held a charge (not sure what drained it). Now the power windows and locks do not work; I checked the fuse box, and nothing is blown...has anyone experienced anything like this, and if so, was their a solution...suggestions?

Thanks.
Old November 30th, 2009, 5:49 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the most likely culprit is the drivers door module(window switches). Does it work foim the passenger side?

there was an issue with these trucks when they first came out. When you would change a speaker, and need to get the door skin off, just by diconnecting the connector at the switch, would kill the switch. So we tried to d\c the battery when we changed the next speaker, same thing happened.
Needless to say, we do not d\c those switches if we don't absolutely have to

GM hasn't released a bulletin on them at all, but I am sure there are more people out there who have experienced this
Old April 11th, 2010, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a window regulator problem with the driver side door and replaced it. after reassembly of the window and door panel the window would not work nor would the door locks. I determined that the switch module was was the problem. After looking at replacing with a new or used module, very expensive, i took the module apart, 3 screws if I remember right, what i found out was the circuit board was slightly warped so that pushing the buttons would not make things work. In other words the button contacts would not make contact. I made small shims that caused the circuit board to rise up slightly so that proper contact was made. The shims were made of paper so that gives you an idea how much spacing is needed. I have had no further problems.