Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Service Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM)

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had these same problems and took my 07 Colorado into the dealership. They had a hand held tester that could do the relearning in under an hour. They couldn't reprogram it so no charge. Just as MDTAHOE said, a bad sensor will not beep. I pulled the tires at a hobby shop and found a shattered sensor in it. Bought a replacement, followed the relearn process in the owners manual and all is well in the world again.
Old March 1st, 2011, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 07. The tpm light is on even after going throught the relearn process twice. All tires gave the beep.
Anybody have another Idea. I really hate going to a dealer Just to get screwed for 75 to 80 bucks an hour.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Stu987, sometimes that relearn process wont work, and the monitors need to be reset. A dealer should NOT charge you for this, as it takes literally 30 seconds with the reset tool. All they do is walk around the car, and point that tool at your valve stems and it resets. If they do charge, it shouldn't be more than 5 bucks or something
Old March 5th, 2011, 7:29 AM
CF Beginner

After going through all the processes there was no change. The tpm light was on constant. After a couple of days it started flashing on startup. It would flash for about a minute and then stay on. According to the manual, this is the normal operation. I would get the Low Tire and Service TPM messages in the DIC. I thought, OK I will try the relearn process again when I get some time. Yesterday I was driving home and looked at the dash. WOW no lights or messages. WEIRD!!!. I have not started the truck today. I don't know if it will come on again today. Fingers Crossed.
Old March 14th, 2011, 3:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

stu987, has your issue persisted or has it been fixed yet?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old March 15th, 2011, 7:49 AM
CF Beginner

Question re:

My Low Tire Pressure warning Finally went away. Like the other posts, the TPM just blinks for a minute and stays on. I still don't know the issue and I really really don't want to pay for someone to reset the warning. I've checked the tires over & over so I know there's no leak.
Old March 15th, 2011, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for asking. It doesn't stay on all the time anymore. Sometimes it will come on at start up. flashing light and service tpm warning. I clear the warning with trip rod. the light goes off after a minute. About 20 minutes later it comes on again. I clear it and the flashing light goes off after a minute or so. No consistancy . Just comes on randomly whenever it wants to. Just an iritation.
Old December 17th, 2013, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 Colorado TPMS will not reset

I just bought this truck today. Got it home and started noticing stuff I didn't really pay attention to on the test drive. The biggest worry right now is I cannot get the TPMS to reset. I went through the process, all four tire sensors caused a honk during the process but I never received the multi-honk saying the relearning process was complete. Am I missing something?

Old December 18th, 2013, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default Colorado TPMS will not reset

I just upgraded to the Silverado in January. I miss the Colorado though. But my issue turned out being that when I got new tires the tech broke one of the sensors on the tire. And they refused to fix it saying it was already broken. But I could go through the process as well and only 3 of 4 tires would honk. So that could be your issue as well, maybe 1 is broken or just not transmitting. My silverado has the same thing and so does my wife's minivan. Great device until they malfunction and you have perfect air pressure in all 4 tires.
Old December 18th, 2013, 8:46 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

DSHACK13,

I am sure you will get some more great advice from the members. If you do need to have your Chevrolet dealership look further into this, please do not hesitate to reach out. Also, congrats on your purchase.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: Service Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM)