Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Service Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM)

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2013, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had the TPMS service message pop up on display. Was driving on a pretty wet/icy interstate and 5-10 seconds on the rumble strip while driving. Moments later the TPMS service sprung up and has not gone away.
I have tried to reset the system, but the drivers rear tire will not give the honk as the other tires have. I tried to reset twice and that is the only tire that will not give the indication honk.
I am guessing that the sub-zero temps and riding on the rumble strip has damaged that sensor in the tire.
If anyone has any other suggestions before I take this to the dealership, I am all ears.
Thanks!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 9:27 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

What year is the vehicle? if its close to 4-5 years old, I would suspect a bad sensor.. most tire shops have a tool that can read the sensor and tell you the battery life and if its even alive, most will do it for free..
If it is bad, you might check Amazon for the sensor, they have the OEM ones at pretty competitive prices as does RockAuto...
Old December 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
What year is the vehicle? if its close to 4-5 years old, I would suspect a bad sensor.. most tire shops have a tool that can read the sensor and tell you the battery life and if its even alive, most will do it for free..
If it is bad, you might check Amazon for the sensor, they have the OEM ones at pretty competitive prices as does RockAuto...
It's a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid. I suspect its the sensor in the tire.
Old December 25th, 2013, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you, Erica. It seems that after I went through the "relearning" process for the TPMS, the system reset after driving the vehicle about 10 miles or so. Now if I can figure out the clunking in the trans maybe I won't be so interested in parking this truck in the office of the dealer that sold it to me.