Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

shift lever will not select 1 or 2

Old April 23rd, 2016, 1:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default shift lever will not select 1 or 2

I just bought this Colorado LT with the 2.9 and automatic transmission, I didn't really try to down shift when I bought it because I could feel it shifting as I accelerated. It will drop down to 3rd but the lever will not drop down. Now is summer it isn't anything to concern myself with but come the winter, I like to down shift on icy roads to slow the vehicle down in a more controlled stop.
So anyone had this problem, to me it seems like a cable adjustment, because when I am in 3rd and try to move the shifter down it feels like it is hitting a cable stop
Old April 23rd, 2016, 9:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by srp204
I just bought this Colorado LT with the 2.9 and automatic transmission, I didn't really try to down shift when I bought it because I could feel it shifting as I accelerated. It will drop down to 3rd but the lever will not drop down. Now is summer it isn't anything to concern myself with but come the winter, I like to down shift on icy roads to slow the vehicle down in a more controlled stop.
So anyone had this problem, to me it seems like a cable adjustment, because when I am in 3rd and try to move the shifter down it feels like it is hitting a cable stop
Hey srp204,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Colorado. Have you brought this to your local certified Chevrolet dealership's attention? Please send us a private message if you would like any assistance locating a dealership in your area to have a diagnosis performed, or if you have any questions. We are always happy to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread