Corvette Since 1953, the All American Sports car, and with the new 2014 C7 model, no end is in sight.

2014 Corvette C7
Platform: Y-body
Latest Corvette C7 News here: CorvetteForum.com

17 Weeks and no progress?

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2015, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17 Weeks and no progress?

I ordered a C7 from a dealership two weeks before Halloween and the order never advanced. The order number was good per GM but they would not specify why the car wasn't in queue. There were no constraints related to my order that were known by the dealership either. They have a C7 on their floor that has yet to sell. Will GM not begin mine until this one sells? I'm becoming frustrated by the run around to the extent where I may switch all future purchases to another maker.
Old February 14th, 2015, 11:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon247
I ordered a C7 from a dealership two weeks before Halloween and the order never advanced. The order number was good per GM but they would not specify why the car wasn't in queue. There were no constraints related to my order that were known by the dealership either. They have a C7 on their floor that has yet to sell. Will GM not begin mine until this one sells? I'm becoming frustrated by the run around to the extent where I may switch all future purchases to another maker.
So because you see one c7 on 1 dealer floor you think your getting the run around? Now you will go somewhere else?
Old February 14th, 2015, 11:13 PM
CF Veteran

This guy ordered a C7 in DEC and is stuck at 1,100, Maybe you should talk to him. At least he knows he spot in the queue.

Topic: Why the big secret on tracking your vehicle?
Old February 21st, 2015, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy Tracking C7 Corvettes

Ordered my C7 on Jun 10th 2014 and was able to follow it all the way through the order process, when it was placed in queue, when it was built, completed, shipped by truck to railhead, shipped by rail, unloaded in Rollie Colorado, and then placed in bay. After that it was held for 14 days due to a quality issue that no one could explain. When there is a problem, GM /Corvette can do a tremendous job of keep any hold up a complete secret. There is no way you can drill down and find out what the hold up is. Only the dealer can do this and they must tip toe and not ruffle to many feathers without expecting some reprisal from GM/Corvette.

All my tracking documents were given to me by the salesman at the dealership. That salesman is no longer working for the dealer. I suspect he gave more than he was allowed.

With the slow down at the docks in Long Beach, Ca. you may be at the mercy of the dock workers.

I never did find out what the quality hold was and I am told I never will. Good Luck with getting your Corvette. The 14 day hold took some of the glamor off of purchasing my new Lime Rock Green with full length Inferno Orange racing strips with Kalahari interior and top. The performance is awesome. If you want a comparable sports car expect to pay $20-$30 thousand more. Unless you purchase a used one.
Old February 24th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Any word yet on your order?
Old February 25th, 2015, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah, I was called by two separate people from GM to tell me they couldn't tell me. GM called the dealership to "see what the problem was" amd were reminded it was on the company side not the dealership. Basically they don't care if I'm getting screwed because someone will buy the corvettes if I don't.
Old February 26th, 2015, 10:46 AM
CF Veteran

Can you cancel and resubmit the order?
Old March 3rd, 2015, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

I did cancel and resubmitted the order. As of today sitting at 1100. If you are unaware this means they got the order but don't really care. Have a call into the Mercedes dealer maybe they will take my money.