Corvette Since 1953, the All American Sports car, and with the new 2014 C7 model, no end is in sight.

2014 Corvette C7
Platform: Y-body
Latest Corvette C7 News here: CorvetteForum.com

C7 z51

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2017, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 z51

Getting an oil smell odor coming in thru air vents. The odor appear to come the from the right side under the hood near the dry sump. The dealer checked for leaks with negative results. Has this been a problem because too much oil is put in the engine or oil spillage near the dry sump container.
Old February 21st, 2017, 7:21 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello aarmad,

We're sorry to hear about this odor concern with your Corvette, and we would be more than willing to look into this further for you on our end. If that is of interest, please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 24th, 2017, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Oil odor coming from air vents

I have not put many miles on the car since February, Thanks very much for your reply. What I have been finding out is, some Chevy dealers are putting to much oil in the dry sump corvettes. My corvette was over filled by about
1.5 quarts of oil. After correcting the amount, I have not experience the oil odor coming thru the vents. Also, I am finding out that some Chevy service department personnel don't know how to properly check the oil in these dry
sump engines. Not doing it correctly could possibly damage an engine by putting to much oil in an engine. My next oil change is near and my service advisor is aware of my concern. This is my 4th corvette and I hate to have that uneasy feeling about getting my car back from the service dept.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello aarmad,

We're sorry to hear about this odor concern with your Corvette, and we would be more than willing to look into this further for you on our end. If that is of interest, please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care