Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Chevy Cruze LS (Cuts off while driving)

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2016, 11:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Chevy Cruze LS (Cuts off while driving)

Over the last two months , my 2011 Cruze has cut off while I have been driving. My dashboard flickers on and off for about 5 times then the car completely shuts off. I have notified the Chevy dealer of my issue and of course they want to hook it up to diagnostics and charge $150.00 when there isn't any code displayed.

The problem happens when my radio is on and A/C is on. Which for the last two weeks I have driven without A/C on fearing my car would cut off. This is clearly unsafe and is anyone else having this problem?

This is electrical failure that Chevy has yet to submit a recall for until someone is seriously injured.

Since January 2016 I have had my PVC valve replaced twice, new spark plugs, and valve gasket replaced.
Old December 30th, 2021, 8:46 AM

Angry Car shuts off when brakes applied...significantly dangerous

Originally Posted by dwortham23
Over the last two months , my 2011 Cruze has cut off while I have been driving. My dashboard flickers on and off for about 5 times then the car completely shuts off. I have notified the Chevy dealer of my issue and of course they want to hook it up to diagnostics and charge $150.00 when there isn't any code displayed.

The problem happens when my radio is on and A/C is on. Which for the last two weeks I have driven without A/C on fearing my car would cut off. This is clearly unsafe and is anyone else having this problem?

This is electrical failure that Chevy has yet to submit a recall for until someone is seriously injured.

Since January 2016 I have had my PVC valve replaced twice, new spark plugs, and valve gasket replaced.

I had the same issue however I am going 65 MPH and when I applied the brake to slow down to exit, the car's radio flickered off as well as the car itself causing my power steering to no work, muscled the car to the shoulder as I skidded to a stop. I called my nearest Chevy dealership and they advised me this was a recall but now closed (as I bought the car after the recall was fixed). Now, want to change me 150.00 to run it on a dyno machine. Truly disappointed in Chevrolet!! Anyone have any suggestions?
Old March 23rd, 2023, 4:13 AM
CF Beginner

I installed a device from these guys, so far for half a year the radio has been working fine, you can contact them

link