Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Chevy Cruze LS Thermostat (Fan Constantly Running)

Old May 27th, 2016, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan running

I'm putting in my second one today!! This seems to be a problem with the Chevy Cruz! I put my first one in August of 2015 and putting a new one in today! Thankfully the part had a 1 year warranty or I would be pissed! This problem should be recalled by GM / Chevy and a new part redesigned to fix this from happening!
Not happy I'm even having to replace this again, free or not!!!
Old August 21st, 2016, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dame Problem

Originally Posted by nemo15824
Is there a recall for this problem, I am having the same problem with my 2012 Cruze.
I bought this car a year ago, because it's suppose to be a dependable car. All of a sudden engine light comes on, cooling fan constantly running. Take it to dealer, and I'm told we need a new thermostat and thermostat housing. $432.00. Check Internet, and it seems to be a very "expensive" common problem for this vehicle. No recall on this?
Old August 22nd, 2016, 6:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fan running all the time

Having the same problem except I do not have a check engine light. The fan will run constantly on high. Only shuts off for a few seconds then is back on. Doesn't matter if AC is on or the defrost. I just had the water pump replaced and coolant tube under power train warranty. Now this problem. With no check engine light I don't know if it's the thermostat or coolant temp sensor. Annoyed
Old August 22nd, 2016, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

There isn't a recall on it - but when I got mine fixed it was under warranty I believe (power train).
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello KingDavid73,

We apologize for any trouble you've experienced as a result of this fan concern. Are you planning on having a certified technician take a look at your Cruze? If so, we'd be more than happy to contact the dealership on your behalf and review this in greater detail. If you'd like to move forward in this route, please send us a private message and include your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

Thank you for your time and enjoy the rest of your day!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Well, looks like I'm joining the club. I am currently sitting at the dealership and being charged 360 dollars for a thermostat replacement to see if that will stop my fan from constantly running and turn off the check engine light. The most frustrating part is I haven't even completed my 1year of owning this certified vehicle and of course the warranty is expired. My job and income relies heavily on a reliable car and was told this would be the car for me. I don't know how many complaints it takes to make a recall happen but sure hope this gets resolved...

Much Thanks

Last edited by Niberrios; August 31st, 2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Add more info
Old September 7th, 2016, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

Same here. Just received the call it needs replaced again. The first one was replaced in July 2015 so I'm 6 weeks out of warrenty. I'm beyond heated. Water pump went with it.
Old September 28th, 2020, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Chevy Cruze

Can I please have some help with my 2015 Chevy Cruze? I experienced the same thing, unfortunately
Old November 24th, 2020, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

As was mentioned in a previous thread it may be the coolant temperature sensor in the radiator. To check it you need a reader to verify the temperature sensor of the engine, radiator and air intake agree within 1 degree after an extended time parked, say overnight. If anything is skewed the fan will default on
Old May 7th, 2021, 2:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fam issue

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
You are welcome to send us a private message with your VIN and we'd be glad to look into this for you. We hope to hear from you soon!

Andraya
Chevrolet Customer Care
please contact me 7608965100 regarding this issue 2011 cruze