Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

15 Chevy Cruze “ac off due to high temp”

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2019, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15 Chevy Cruze “ac off due to high temp”

Hey everyone. Last year I had to replace my water pump and thermostat. About mid year this year, I ended replacing the part on the other side of the engine that radiator fluid also runs through (I apologize because I can’t remember what it’s called) I think the water valve...? Idk. Anyways, on my way home last night from work, the “AC OFF DUE TO HIGH TEMP” came on after being on the road maybe 15 mins. The fan kicked on high and my dash board needle for the temp was on C. Didn’t budge at all. I pulled over for about 15 minutes and checked out what I could but didn’t see anything. Checked this morning, still saying and doing the same thing... any suggestions? Could it be the sensors? I need help! Luckily I’m off tomorrow and I have time to fix it before returning to work... I hope. Also, no engine light has come on at all.

Last edited by bgathings15; December 17th, 2019 at 8:44 AM.
Old February 25th, 2020, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Call gm motors!

The same thing is happening with my 2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ. Make sure you call gm and make a complaint about this! A month and a half ago, i just had my water pump, water outlet and thermostat changed in my coolant. I am currently at a Chevy dealership getting my reservoir replaced bc that is leaking now. It’s def not an cheap fix, and Chevy will only pay for the pump. This is a common thing to happen in Chevys, and it def needs looked into. It seems to happen a lot more right after the warranty is up, almost like a set up. Gm had told me the more people who call about this, the better the chance they will do a recall.
Old May 13th, 2020, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Cruze 13, AC off due to high engine temp.

my car had a notification pop saying ac off due to high engine temp but my gauge is on cold and my car isn’t over heating. and I was thinking maybe it was a sensor?