Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:45 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2011 Chevy Cruze Transmission Problems

Old June 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have 2011 Chevy Cruze LT and it is currently in the shop for the 5th time for transmission problems and I am being told the exact same story we cannot recreate the problem so they tell me to come pick it up. I had GM involved and they closed the ticket when I am still obviously having problems. I bought my car brand new with 10 miles on it. I should not be having these problems but GM doesn't want to step up instead they want me to continue to drive a car that is not reliable. It's getting very frustrating with no results and always having a loaner.
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

smudge02 Welcome to the forum...

How often would you say the issue occurs ? if weekly or more you may want to ask the service writer if you can have a scanner connected to your vehicle for several days to see if it will capture the issue...

Do everything you can to document when and what when the issue occurs...
like outside temp, just started driving or have been driving for some time, was the engine warmed up, were you going slow or fast, uphill or down, pulling away from a stop...

Those kind of details can really help the tech narrow down what is going on and aide in diagnosing the issue...
Do follow up with what is found
Old June 18th, 2013, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default Car problems

In2pro,

They attached a scanner to my car but it had to be taken off because the scanner device was overriding other systems in my car and shutting everything down.
Old June 18th, 2013, 7:29 AM
Administrator

Well now that sounds like a problem in itself...document all you can.... you may also want to consider trying another dealership...
Old June 18th, 2013, 9:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smudge02
I too have 2011 Chevy Cruze LT and it is currently in the shop for the 5th time for transmission problems and I am being told the exact same story we cannot recreate the problem so they tell me to come pick it up. I had GM involved and they closed the ticket when I am still obviously having problems. I bought my car brand new with 10 miles on it. I should not be having these problems but GM doesn't want to step up instead they want me to continue to drive a car that is not reliable. It's getting very frustrating with no results and always having a loaner.
Do a Google search for a LEMON LAWYER in your area! GM WILL sit up and take notice once a lawyer is involved! Dealing with them yourself is basically useless because they they will come up with one STANDARD excuse after another! The latest that I read recently about the 2011 Cruze transmission and heard from the GM lovers over in cruzetalk.com is that GM programmed the transmission for the EUROPEAN customers who like harsh shifting transmissions!

It took GM TWO YEARS to come up with this excuse? How ridiculous. They REALLY think we are stupid! There was NO GM brainiac at corporate that thought of this BEFORE they brought the car to the USA? It was out for TWO YEARS in other countries before coming here and driven for 4 MILLION miles! This is the best they could come up with after 2 years! Besides, the problem that I had and many others had/have were MORE than just sharp shifting! There was DEFINITELY something wrong with the transmission.

Good luck. A lawyer is the only way to go once you have heard all the excuses from GM!
Old June 18th, 2013, 9:39 AM
Administrator

Not to shoot down the Atty idea, but at $350 (going rate) an hour for the attorney, and probably a minimum of 10 hours just for a demand letter, plus various other cost you are looking at $4000 just to get a letter to GM via an attorney... just to let them know your grievance... (you have to pay this)

Its very unlikely that GM would have to pay any legal fees for you....(unless someone died as a result of their negligence)

Saber rattling rarely works...

Last edited by in2pro; June 18th, 2013 at 9:43 AM.
Old June 24th, 2013, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Not to shoot down the Atty idea, but at $350 (going rate) an hour for the attorney, and probably a minimum of 10 hours just for a demand letter, plus various other cost you are looking at $4000 just to get a letter to GM via an attorney... just to let them know your grievance... (you have to pay this)

Its very unlikely that GM would have to pay any legal fees for you....(unless someone died as a result of their negligence)

I got a letter in the mail from an attorney that is apparently starting a class-action suit about this issue and a couple others. It's what caused me to google this problem and realize I had it, too... I was in an intersection or two and tried to turn left in front of someone that would have been safe... If the car had accelerated like it usually did...

And of course, now I can't find the letter. I'll post it if I do.
Old July 20th, 2013, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default chevy cruze transmission

I have a 2011 and it does the same thing just did it today I have had nothing but problems with this car but now I see I am not the only one
Old July 21st, 2013, 1:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by in2pro

A friend of mine just got through dealing with a Lemon Lawyer for his crappy Cruze and EVERYTHING was PAID for INCLUDING the lawyer by GM!
Old July 21st, 2013, 1:42 PM
Administrator

You may want to ask your friend to have his atty read over the forum and see if there are others he can assist

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Chevy Cruze Transmission Problems