Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:45 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2011 Chevy Cruze Transmission Problems

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2014, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reduce engine power message

I am still struggling with my 2011 cruze. I thought we had things taken care of when they replaced my computer module to help with the lagging shifting. Now, I have it in the shop on a regular basis due to error messages. The message comes on -then goes off - it was not on full time. So the service depts. says they need to actually see the error. I use this vehicle for my private driving school. My student is making a left on a 4 lane highway and I get a message - reduced engine power - bells are ringing, error code is visible and we were very very fortunate not to be t boned. I take it in for service. They say had 4 error codes - send the car home and the next day - the error code light is on again. It is a shame that I am afraid to go on a driving lesson - not because of the student - but because of this vehicle that is ALWAYS in the shop and still ALWAYS in need of servicing. I spoke to the dealer and told them I no longer want this vehicle. I am afraid of being in an accident due to a faulty vehicle. I am also losing revenue due to this vehicle constantly needing repairs.
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default car in shop 5 times since February 8, 2014

This is an update of what has been happening to me regarding my 2011 cruze.

Error codes – car in garage – feb 4 out on feb 5
Error code readings in garage on Feb 8

Error codes – and received “reduced engine power” car would not accelerate except approx.. 2-3 mph. pulling across 4 lane highway - Car in garage – feb 10 out on feb 11 – error code appeared while I was speaking to GMC headquarters. Almost t-boned at intersection.
Error codes - Car in garage Feb 12 out on Feb 14 – replaced 4 fuel injectors

Error codes and car stalled completely - Car in garage Feb 17 –

Car in garage 13 of the last 18 days with 5 trips to dealer – I have had to cancel all my driving lessons for this month due to liability and faulty GMC vehicle. This is just for the month of February. This has been an ongoing nightmare since I purchased this vehicle new in 2011.
Have left several messages with GMC headquarters.

Old February 18th, 2014, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default NHTSA complaints

Has anyone filed a complaint with the Office of Defects Investigation, or ODI. - part of the U.S. DOT's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration? Please let me know if this is a possibility for me. Thanks
Old February 19th, 2014, 11:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by yavo
Has anyone filed a complaint with the Office of Defects Investigation, or ODI. - part of the U.S. DOT's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration? Please let me know if this is a possibility for me. Thanks
Sorry you are still having problems! Your best bet is to get RID of the car ASAP because there is NO solution! I KNOW what it feels like to be pulling out into traffic and stepping on the gas and NOTHING happens! Before you get T-boned or killed, get rid of the car before it's worth nothing!

I filed a complaint with the NHTSA when I had my Cruze, but they do nothing UNLESS they get X number of complaints! Then, they can issue a recall! Don't hold your breath! The ones who SHOULD be doing something is GM, but that isn't happening either!

Good luck.
Old February 20th, 2014, 6:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default getting rid of it

Thanks for your reply. I am making a decision today. My dealer offered to buy back the vehicle for trade in value. GM is not returning my calls. The vehicle is STILL with the dealer trying to determine the problem. GM is not returning my calls. I was looking at a Malibu, only because I like the dealer, but feel I should go elsewhere because of the way GM has treated me. EVery student I teach and parent will be told about my situation with GM. I cannot continue to lose wages due to no car and no response from GM. A volkswagon Passat is what I am looking at.
Old February 20th, 2014, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default getting rid of it

It is a shame Volkswagen is giving me a better deal than GM after all I went thru. Says something about a company.
Old February 20th, 2014, 7:06 AM
CF Beginner

The Verano looks like a very very vehicle.
Old February 21st, 2014, 2:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Thumbs up

The Verano looks like a very very vehicle.
Love my Verano! It was one year old on 1/31/14! Not ONE problem or concern! There was one recall for something with the door locks that I will get addressed when I bring it in for an oil change. With this constant snow in CT, I am NOT sure when that will happen!

I hope you get the Passat and have years of trouble free driving! Let us know what happens or at least me because the Cruze lovers here will think nothing of your problem or complaints because it's NOT THEIR car!

Good luck!
Old March 7th, 2014, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default I am free!!!!!!!!

Finally got rid of the 2011 Cruze. Dealer bought it back from me but only at trade in value. I purchased a Hyundai and it drives like a car should. Just saw the news about GM and recalls. Surprise - Surprise!!! I may be looking into further compensation due to loss of wages which is listed as one of the things GM will have to provide to these lemons. Bought a foreign car and will be contacting attorneys - what has GM done to me????.
Old March 8th, 2014, 2:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Thumbs up

Finally got rid of the 2011 Cruze. Dealer bought it back from me but only at trade in value. I purchased a Hyundai and it drives like a car should. Just saw the news about GM and recalls. Surprise - Surprise!!! I may be looking into further compensation due to loss of wages which is listed as one of the things GM will have to provide to these lemons. Bought a foreign car and will be contacting attorneys - what has GM done to me????.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Drive it in good health! Did you get the Sonata? What color?

Quick Reply: 2011 Chevy Cruze Transmission Problems