Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2012 Chevrolet Cruz Fan Keeps Running

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2016, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Chevrolet Cruz Fan Keeps Running

I purchased a brand new Chevrolet Cruz in 2012 from Fox Chevrolet in Baltimore Maryland which is my third Chevrolet. The engine fan has been running non stop and my engine light is on and when a diagnostic was done it indicated that there was something wrong with a thermostat sensor. The sensor cost me $60 and was replaced today. My mechanic just called me and said the fan is still running and after doing another diagnostic test said I now need to get a new thermostat and it will cost me $180. I decided to do my own research on line and now realize that many people are having the same issue and Chevrolet doesn't seem to be taking this matter in hand or taking it's customers into consideration. I am a Reggae artist and depend on my car to take me to my local gigs. This is something that I will most definitely will be making noise about, it is just not fair. Who knows what can happen as a result of this obvious defect. I have already had two recalls on my car in the few years I've had it. Chevy we love you because you're economical and cost effective but this is just ludicrous. I'm shopping around for a car for my 18yr old and am sadly afraid to purchase a Chevy.

Last edited by Storm; April 28th, 2016 at 1:02 PM.
Old April 28th, 2016, 2:41 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Storm
I purchased a brand new Chevrolet Cruz in 2012 from Fox Chevrolet in Baltimore Maryland which is my third Chevrolet. The engine fan has been running non stop and my engine light is on and when a diagnostic was done it indicated that there was something wrong with a thermostat sensor. The sensor cost me $60 and was replaced today. My mechanic just called me and said the fan is still running and after doing another diagnostic test said I now need to get a new thermostat and it will cost me $180. I decided to do my own research on line and now realize that many people are having the same issue and Chevrolet doesn't seem to be taking this matter in hand or taking it's customers into consideration. I am a Reggae artist and depend on my car to take me to my local gigs. This is something that I will most definitely will be making noise about, it is just not fair. Who knows what can happen as a result of this obvious defect. I have already had two recalls on my car in the few years I've had it. Chevy we love you because you're economical and cost effective but this is just ludicrous. I'm shopping around for a car for my 18yr old and am sadly afraid to purchase a Chevy.
Customer feedback is something that we take very seriously, Storm. We very sorry to hear you’re experiencing such difficulty with your Cruze and do recognize how important it is to have reliable transportation. If we can be of assistance in any way, we’re available via private message and are always happy to help.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 11th, 2016, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issue! Its a good thing that I checked this forum because Leggat Chevrolet in Burlington Ontario was telling me to do the same thing but I did not fall for their nonsense! A new senor costs only $20 and they market it up to $70!! That's rediculus. My fan has still been running and Chevrolet cannot do a single thing about it. Terrible service!