Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2012 Chevy Cruze codes and ticking noises

Old March 25th, 2017, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Chevy Cruze codes and ticking noises

Ok so I have a problem my wife has a 2012 Chevy Cruze she was commuting to work when she noticed her check engine light turned on not knowing anything she called me and told me about it anyway I told her I'd check it with the reader when she gets home after work well she called me just a half hour or so later telling me she now was loosing RPMs and that the car was making a loud ticking/grinding type noise from the engine she had just gotten to work and couldn't look under the hood because she was late. After work she had turned on the car and it seemed to be fine no noises so she began to drive it back by the time she arrived to me it was doing the same exact thing when I opened the hood oil was everywhere and it appearred that the oil cap was split in 2 pieces she had been driving basically with no oil cap in the car about a 2 & half hour total drive that day. The codes it popped up was the P0299 for the turbo not having power & P0171 for bank 1 to lean, on top of that the car has been loosing a major amount of coolant the past few weeks before but none of which was making its way down to the ground it just some how was disappearing. The ticking is very loud I know these cars have a small ticking sound which is normal but it appears the ticking has gone up double the sound and there's also like a swooshing sound almost like air escaping out of an area like a crack or hose etc but there is no visible cracks or leaks of any kind that I can see besides the cap which I replaced to no effect. I want to see if anyone has had the same problem and if so what did they do to solve it. I've looked it it up but there's no solid answer. I've seen turbo replace to geadgasket replace to valve cover gaskets sensors etc. I want to take it to the dealer but they want $300 to look at it and tge next available time is almost 3 weeks away which I don't have time to wait as it's a comuter car. Thanks
Old April 11th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Dezinater10,

We're sorry to learn about the unexpected concern your wife encountered in her Cruze and can understand your desire to reach a solution as soon as possible. If you change your mind and would like to work with the dealership, we would be glad to reach out on your behalf and review this further from our end. We're available via private message and will need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealer name to get started.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 26th, 2017, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble with turbo

Hello,
I had the same problem, anf it happen the same way, codes also. I have a 2011 Cruze LT. I bought it used it had 36,000 miles in june 2012. TWICE!!! I took it to the dealer ship to be given a $2000 roughly estimate after i paid $221 for the diagnostic. I was told it was due to oil slug over time and improper oil changes. (All oil changes were done the withe the exception of the first two). That was the first time. The second time it went out i was done with the dealership. Now I'm experiencing cooling system issues!! With all the recalls, sensor/relay codes, batter failure, and repair issues I AM DONE WITH CHEVROLET!!

Search this Thread