Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Again Transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2014, 7:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Again Transmission problem

Hi,
As i said before i have problem with my chevy cruze 2011, my car just 37000km.
Before 2 weeks the care stop suddenly and it unable to move at D and even when i use manual not able to move but at R it move back normally. some people told me it need a new gear box which is around 4000$

yesterday when im look inferior to the car i see there is good amount of oil or fluid at the lower surface gear box. then i start the car and select the D and keep the RPM at 3.... suddenly the check engine light be on and the car start move but with no power and the manual transmission disappear i keep the car move at speed 30 or 40km the car became normal and it run smoothly without any problem and i can speed up to 120km without any problem but when i stop the car again can move without power till speed 30 or 40km.

Today i check it and the error is P0700
so please what u think>>>> it need new gear box or what is the problem ???

Last edited by Hoja; October 25th, 2014 at 1:45 PM.
Old October 29th, 2014, 4:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

possible causes:

Defective Shift Solenoids
Defective Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
Defective Valve Body
Dirty transmission fluid that restricts the hydraulic passages

It might have nothing to do with the internals of the transmission.
Old November 1st, 2014, 2:34 AM
CF Beginner

Hi today i make a new scan check

The erorr code is
P2723 pcs. Valve 5 stuck off

Also the amount of leakage of fluid increased and that fluid is dark balck one
The leakage area is between engin and gear

The mechanic told me the gear need rebuilt with new board which inside the gear box and the cost of overhall is up to 4000$

I dont know what can i do
Please any idea
Old November 1st, 2014, 7:49 AM
CF Active Member

Are you capable of removing the transmission yourself?
Old November 2nd, 2014, 12:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy
Are you capable of removing the transmission yourself?
no i dont think that

but my question what u think and what should i do??? fix it with 4000$ or try to buy second hand transmission which cost around 2000$
Old November 2nd, 2014, 9:00 AM
CF Active Member

I'd be skeptical of a second hand transmission, but if you are taking a risk, usually you can find one in the 200-600 range. A rebuild on your transmission is just as good as getting a new one and some transmission shops will do it for under $2000. If you can't do it yourself call around town, don't only get estimates, but tell them the price other shops offered.
Old November 4th, 2014, 6:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy
I'd be skeptical of a second hand transmission, but if you are taking a risk, usually you can find one in the 200-600 range. A rebuild on your transmission is just as good as getting a new one and some transmission shops will do it for under $2000. If you can't do it yourself call around town, don't only get estimates, but tell them the price other shops offered.

Some one also told me need to replace the TCM

how can i know the TCM need replace or not
Old November 4th, 2014, 7:07 AM
CF Active Member

It's a circuit board. Check for corrosion or blown capacitors. You can always try reprogramming it and see if that helps
The following users liked this post:
Hollygayle4344 (May 7th, 2023)
Old May 7th, 2015, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

Default transmisson problems fromthe begining

i bought my cruze bran new in 2011 . a week after buying it my family got stranded because the transmission would not allow the car to move . so the dealer said we will reflash. so on we gothe tranny never shifted properly i had to continously have it RE FLASHED" . THEN THE CRUZE overheated the dealer replaces thermostat couple months later it overheated again at this point i was worried that the car may have internal damage but was tolled by the dealer and gm that there was no damage to motor or tranny. how do they know they didnt even look inside of it obviously.... i say tranny becuase i believe it gets cooled like the engine does. on top of this i send my car to the dealer because after they replaced the thermostat they put wrong fluids in the coolant resovoir .the container had obviously burned up on the inside as it was turning brown becuase the fluid was not coolant and not cooling motor or tranny correctly . so back to the dealer i go they confirm yes the coolant is containminated but would not admit they put wrong fluid in. so if i was concerned about internal damage before you can imagine how i feel now!! so they put the correct fluid in and off i go . but now the car is not running right it is skipping and misfiring and tranny is banging in gears especially when stopping at a stop sing it would bang hard in to first gear and slip in first and second gears .and to top all of this off i bring it in for a oil change and the dealer did not do it properly and the oil leaked out i noticed it when there was a giant pool of oil in my drive way all the way down the road .you could follow the trail of oil right back to the dealer, after this the car just never ran correctly even worse than it did from the begining the tranny constantly slipping and motor always ran hot . i complained to both GM and the dealership and was tolled there are no lights on nothing we can do. and now the biggy i just passed my 100,000 mile warranty and guess what the tranny blew going down the road at thirty miles per hour . and i blame the quality of the car and all the bad service , the caroverheated twice and wrong fluids put in and the oil leak and not just drips but quarts . so why should i be responsible for the tranny its obvious from my history of complaints and mis haps by the dealer that the transmission was damaged long before yesterday . if you want to read my thread on this it is under the username PISSEDOFFATGM" if you are a GM REP and you read this can you please respond to budyr8@gmail.com . i feel that i have been let down by the service history and GM and now i am the one paying for other peoples mistakes. thanks for listening

Last edited by budyr9@gmail.com; May 7th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old May 8th, 2015, 7:35 AM
CF Active Member

This just annoys me. It costs the dealership nothing to fix your car if it is before the warranty expires. GM pays for that.

Machine built cars are going to have mistakes sometimes in assembly. I'm sorry for this trouble. Have you attempted to contact GM directly?

Also, in a case like this, i would visit another GM dealership if the first won't admit your car has troubles.

Quick Reply: Again Transmission problem