Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Chevy Cruze - 2011 - Transmission gear wont move from Park

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2012, 2:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Cruze - 2011 - Transmission gear wont move from Park

I purchased a Chevy Cruze on May 2011 . Recently I have been having a problem with shifting the transmission from Park to Drive mode. The paddle would not move and would just be struck. I tried restarting the engine a couple of times. Then it would start working normally. I have had this problem 5 times in the last 3 months. Has anyone else faced this issue. What is the actual problem. Would greatly appreciate if you can throw some light on this issue.

Sathish
Old November 1st, 2012, 4:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

try turning the steering wheel a little both ways while trying to take it out of park. When the wheels are turned to one side most cars will have a problem coming out of park. I have a Cruze purchased on May 2011 and have had no problems with it at all.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 9:55 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sathishraju
I purchased a Chevy Cruze on May 2011 . Recently I have been having a problem with shifting the transmission from Park to Drive mode. The paddle would not move and would just be struck. I tried restarting the engine a couple of times. Then it would start working normally. I have had this problem 5 times in the last 3 months. Has anyone else faced this issue. What is the actual problem. Would greatly appreciate if you can throw some light on this issue.

Sathish
sathishraju,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Cruze vehicle. This issue may be resolved by updating the transmission control module (TCM). This is just a suggestion, it is not meant as a diagnosis.

I encourage you to consult with a certified technician at your local dealer for additional assistance. They will be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service