Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Cruze Diesel DEF problem

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2015, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruze Diesel DEF problem

I've owned a Chevy before but got away from them for a while. No problems but it's a long story, but my NEW Cruze Diesel has a bad Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank Heater. I called my dealer who I purchased the vehicle from to ask if it is covered under warranty but they have not called me back. Pretty upsetting, but I am sure someone here can answer the question. The reason I ask is the owners manual says 2 years 24,000 miles on emission defects and performance, then 3- 36,000 for material and workmanship. What the hell is the difference because I'm at 29444? I do not want to pay anything, not even a scan charge! Probably why they won't call me back, but I have to get this done soon because the damn thing will shut me down to 65 in less than 100 miles.

Last edited by DITurbo; October 2nd, 2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 8:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I see gm is revamping their warranty coverage. It used to be bumper to bumper 3years 36 000. powertrain was 5 years 100 000. On buicks it was 4years 50 000 bumper to bumper.
post back what they say.

what was the code that set?
Old October 2nd, 2015, 11:18 PM
CF Beginner

They haven't returned my calls, they don't even want to look at it. I bet if I call back and tell them it's out of warranty I'll get a call back right away, some revamp. The Code. P21DD if I remember, DEF Tank Heater Fault.
Old May 30th, 2019, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

your car has a 7 year emissions warranty this is mandated by the feds the DEF heater is part of that . i read some thing that said chevy has extended the warranty on the heater for 10 years .my car is a 15 luz my heater went out last friday it is being taken car of under warranty i do now that the part has to be gotten on a spatt case i am waiting for it to come in . my mileage went to poo poo hope this helps go to another dealer if you have to
Old June 26th, 2019, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Have same issue

My cruze has 79000 mi on it now I have the P21dd and according to dealership and Chevy I’m not covered under this warranty because of a wrong part number that does not match what Chevy warranties, dealership gave Chevy headquarters the wrong part number of which is in my car at the moment so I’m trying to figure this all out I see their warranty only has 3 different part numbers under warranty but I also researched that the def pump heater has changed part number multiple times so I’m having a heelllll of a time with this