Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Cruze diesel DEF tank size?

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2016, 7:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cruze diesel DEF tank size?

I own a 2014 Cruze diesel with just over 37k miles. I have had no real problems of major concern. But, in the past month prior to my 36K/3 year warranty expiring I have a DEF sensor reading that is stuck at 25%. When the sensor for DEF indicated that the tank only had 3% remaining, I added two gallons to the DEF tank and the indicator went up to 25% and had not gone below 25% since that time. Has anyone reading this thread ever experienced such a problem. Or, is there a way to reset the DEF digital readout in the dashboard to know just how much is really in the DEF tank?
Old February 12th, 2016, 9:05 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Yogi
I own a 2014 Cruze diesel with just over 37k miles. I have had no real problems of major concern. But, in the past month prior to my 36K/3 year warranty expiring I have a DEF sensor reading that is stuck at 25%. When the sensor for DEF indicated that the tank only had 3% remaining, I added two gallons to the DEF tank and the indicator went up to 25% and had not gone below 25% since that time. Has anyone reading this thread ever experienced such a problem. Or, is there a way to reset the DEF digital readout in the dashboard to know just how much is really in the DEF tank?
Hello Yogi,

If you’re thinking you’d like to have a certified technician take a look at your DEF sensor, we’d be more than happy to contact them on your behalf. We’re available via private message and would only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to move forward. We apologize for any trouble you’ve encountered as a result of this and do hope you have a great weekend.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 13th, 2016, 12:03 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the tank should hold 5gal. and I haven't played with the diesel cruze much yet but the pickups the only way to reset them is with a scanner or they should reset themselves, you may have an issue that needs looked at.
Old March 12th, 2016, 8:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yogi
Same problem but now it is reading, on dash, that it needs service. It will go to "stuck at on 65 mph" like it is empty. The DEF tank is full. I think a gas Cruze would be better. Maybe they are all junk.