Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Fan runs constantly / check engine light on today

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2014, 4:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi mexbike,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your vehicle. I understand that you have checked the coolant level yourself and that you feel that the coolant is leaking into the A/C system. I would like to take a further look into your concern. Please follow and DM us more information including your VIN, full contact information, current mileage, and dealership name if we can be of any further assistance. I look forward to helping you with your concern!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 10th, 2016, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My check engine light come on and the engine cooling fan was on high so I looked up this site and found that the thermostat was probably the problem, I changed out said thermostat this morning and everything is back to normal. This site is awesome!!

Thank you.
Mark.
Old May 31st, 2017, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default engine coolant fan running all the time on high

I noticed that my engine fan run running high--loud enough such that I could hear it in the cabin. After I parked, I left the car idling... but the fan failed to shutdown. (2012 chevy cruze)
Old June 3rd, 2017, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 acting up with only 33k miles

Originally Posted by edsproblems
I noticed that my engine fan run running high--loud enough such that I could hear it in the cabin. After I parked, I left the car idling... but the fan failed to shutdown. (2012 chevy cruze)
My car is doing this constantly. I paid enough for it that this is just poor manufacturing. Annoying as hell and very unnerving when deciding to drive any distance but dealer says, nothing wrong. Ya, right. Poor service
Old February 1st, 2018, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

This is a common problem....i surmise that if you had the codes checked, you would get P0597/P0598--has everything to do with chevy switching to a thermal housing instead of a simple thermostat. If you look online for that code you will see a lot of chevy's are having problems with this. I'm currently having this problem and "patiently" waiting for some Chevy Rep to actually contact me. I have to pass a emissions test for my Chevy this month, but I can't pass while experiencing these codes.
Old June 12th, 2018, 1:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default Frustrated!!!!

Originally Posted by sheppardcm
On my way to work this morning, I noticed that my engine fan run running high--loud enough such that I could hear it in the cabin. After I parked, I left the car idling... but the fan failed to shutdown. I have seen others with the same concern... and my car if out of the warranty period. Has anyone received assistance from GM regarding this issue?
Exact same issue. Check engine light on at 33,000 miles, check code coolant temperature sensor.....replaced it, check engine light is off. Great! NOT! Fan runs on jet speed almost constantly now, so annoying. And it does it when my a/c is off. Temp gauge always stays mid range.I bought this car thinking oh dependable and not many issues since it has low miles. I would love to know how Chevy plans on fixing this?!?! After reading several forums all over the internet this is an extremely common problem but for some reason they can’t pin it down to one thing.
Old July 10th, 2021, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fan constantly running. Check engine light on

I am having the same issue as all of you. For the last two years my fan would come on constantly while I’m idle. I brought it in to Chevy and was told that was normal. Today my check engine light is on and the fan ran the whole time. My wife is due to have a baby any day and I need to be able to rely on my car. Does anyone know if it is safe to drive with?