Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

GM Recalls 475,000 Chevrolet Cruze's due to fire hazard

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2012, 5:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Recalls 475,000 Chevrolet Cruze's due to fire hazard

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/au...re-hazard.html

Old July 18th, 2012, 3:04 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Will schedule appointment shortly.
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Had mine fixed. 30 minutes at most. Love my lit'l red Cruze!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

Here is what happens:

Mechanic changes oil, mechanic improperly replaces oil filter cap.
Oil begins to spray out from the pressure from the oil pump.

Oil then collects on plastic panel under engine, stagnant oil heats up from engine and catches on fire.

GM recalls vehicles to cut the panel to help stop the oil from collecting.

The problem occurred because people do not know how to properly service the vehicle.
Its funny how they try to make it like its the manufacturers fault.

And then they bring up GM bankruptcy, they never went bankrupt and never took a bail out, they were given a loan and they paid it back with interest. And stipulations of the loan also meant them giving stock to the government so they government could then shut down potential and change other things as they wanted...

The weld issues in the rear end is a separate recall to "INSPECT" vehicles because they found through inspection that the welds were a bit off.
They want to make sure its correct on the vehicles that ran through the line at that given time.

--------------------------------------

"GM is rebuilding its reputation for quality"

Give me a break, GM always had quality AND they still do, the press always bashed them for every little thing.
People are like sheep, they follow what the TV says no matter what, so of coarse all the unknowing idiots will flock to other manufacturers from that.

It is amazing how the press can get away with such biased news like this.

I have always owned GM vehicles, aside from the normal maintenance and wear and tear, the vehicles have always been and always will be extremely safe, reliable, and dependable for me.

Basically, Its amazing how reality gets so warped from people not knowing the truth and then reporting false information or opinions, and blowing things out of proportion, etc...

Then the public like cattle reads it and believes it, its no wonder the government is taking advantage of people these days, they are so un aware of what reality is really like...

Do yourselves a favor and get educated not by the press but by what things really are.
Go to junk yards, testing tracks, crash testing facilities, etc...

Look how the vehicles really work, and stop looking at TV commercials and news stations.
You can learn a lot by going to the junk yard and looking at what is really behind those body panels between manufacturers.
As well as what is really under the plastic covers on the engines, etc...
Old February 18th, 2013, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Lol, ACTUALLY. The main problem was how tight the drain plug was hugging the skidplate. You may say that the oil comes out vertically with 1 solid stream, which is true. When the Cruze has a 10mm drain plug. When it has the T-45 drain plug the stream splits and creates a thin wide stream that would cover the metalic skid plate.

If I were GM the recall would have been just removing the aluminum foil instead of cutting a majority of it.

Also' the oil filter one the cruzes are angled downwards. Pretty hard not to get a little on the plate.

People blame the techs, techs blame the engineers, engineers laugh about it all.
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:49 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Chevy_Apprentice
Lol, ACTUALLY. The main problem was how tight the drain plug was hugging the skidplate. You may say that the oil comes out vertically with 1 solid stream, which is true. When the Cruze has a 10mm drain plug. When it has the T-45 drain plug the stream splits and creates a thin wide stream that would cover the metalic skid plate.

If I were GM the recall would have been just removing the aluminum foil instead of cutting a majority of it.

Also' the oil filter one the cruzes are angled downwards. Pretty hard not to get a little on the plate.

People blame the techs, techs blame the engineers, engineers laugh about it all.
Laugh all you want, I know I'm right.