Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2011, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?

I was looking around on the net and read comments from owners and most of said this car is crap and not to buy it. I like the car but, from what I've read it has a lot of problems. I would like to hear what the owners on this site would like to say.
Old May 7th, 2011, 9:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by crashhat69
I was looking around on the net and read comments from owners and most of said this car is crap and not to buy it. I like the car but, from what I've read it has a lot of problems. I would like to hear what the owners on this site would like to say.
Where around the net did you find most owners say the car was crap and had lots of problems? Before buying one for my wife I did a LOT of research on the Cruze and comparable vehicles including customer and expert reviews and for the Cruze the vast majority of reviewers gave it very high marks. Of course you can find a few reviewers who had problems but show me any vehicle that gets perfect reviews from everyone and never has a problem. Sites like Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book have many owner reviews and by far most are very positive with very few problems reported.

So far I am very happy with the Cruze.
Old May 8th, 2011, 2:07 AM
CF Beginner

Well I went to some site with comments from owners and they said there cruze already started having problems.
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Of the issues that I have heard all of them have been resolved. The Cruze is a fine vehicle and you should experience no problems but in case you do that is why we have our robust warranties in place to make sure you get the most out of your vehicle. Also, make sure you are getting what you are paying for. Check through the paper work and check the car over. After all if the vehicle is not to your liking then why make that purchase? I suggest test driving this and our other vehicles to make sure the Cruze is the vehicle for you. I hope these suggestions here help you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by crashhat69
Well I went to some site with comments from owners and they said there cruze already started having problems.
And what site was it where most owners said it was crap and not to buy it?
Old May 13th, 2011, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by HOE-N-IT
And what site was it where most owners said it was crap and not to buy it?
probably the toyota forum whereas people there were jelous of chevy users so stuck up for thereselves

actually i read reviews, all positive
Old May 16th, 2011, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

My son purchased a Cruze April 7th, his first new car.
At 1800 miles the transmission needed to be replaced.
Today, it would not start and was towed to the dealer.
The dealer told him there is an ignition problem.
I think you can understand how disappointed and digusted he is right now.
Old May 17th, 2011, 1:34 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

tomv,

I apologize for the issues your son is experiencing with his new vehicle. Please keep us posted when the vehicle has been fixed. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact Jeff directly.

Thank you,
Caron, Chevrolet Customer Service

Originally Posted by tomv
My son purchased a Cruze April 7th, his first new car.
At 1800 miles the transmission needed to be replaced.
Today, it would not start and was towed to the dealer.
The dealer told him there is an ignition problem.
I think you can understand how disappointed and digusted he is right now.
Old May 18th, 2011, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default great car

Hi all

The Holden Cruze chevrolet as you guys know it is selling like mad in Australia and as of this month it will be made in australia at the same plant as the Holden commodre is made. There was a write in yesterday herald sun newspaper and it got a top reveiw great on safety and on fuel and come's with a heap of extra's.

Holden Cruze Series II: first drive | carsguide.com.au

took a look. Good news for us Aussie to looks like we will be getting your chevrolet malibu to go on sale soon so now we have the cruze , Malibu and commodore and then the big caprice too. www.holden.com.au

thanks
regards
Pacey from australia. chev make the bestcar my ride is 1966 SS Impala
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:10 PM
CF Veteran

Smile Chevy from Down-Under?

Originally Posted by pacey
Hi all

The Holden Cruze chevrolet as you guys know it is selling like mad in Australia and as of this month it will be made in australia at the same plant as the Holden commodre is made. There was a write in yesterday herald sun newspaper and it got a top reveiw great on safety and on fuel and come's with a heap of extra's.

Holden Cruze Series II: first drive | carsguide.com.au

took a look. Good news for us Aussie to looks like we will be getting your chevrolet malibu to go on sale soon so now we have the cruze , Malibu and commodore and then the big caprice too. www.holden.com.au

thanks
regards
Pacey from australia. chev make the bestcar my ride is 1966 SS Impala
I have an Impala (Canada). I want another one, but this time with rear wheel drive. Love the 06 I have, no problems that weren't repaired. Tell an old guy about the Holden Caprice???

Quick Reply: Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?