Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by crashhat69
I was looking around on the net and read comments from owners and most of said this car is crap and not to buy it. I like the car but, from what I've read it has a lot of problems. I would like to hear what the owners on this site would like to say.
Those who said all these are wrong, i completely disagree with them, the cruze drives much better than its competitors like honda civic, toyota corolla etc Though i feel the mileage is somewhat average or less.

Only 1 problem i found in the cruze were its back seat especially the middle seat....It soo cramped for 5 foot 10 & above and lack of proper head support.

But overall its much better than the other cars in its class in terms of Ride quality, performance.
Old January 13th, 2013, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Cruze

I had a 2011 cruze that had a lot of problems and not all of the problems could be resolved. No brakes in reverse (repaired under warrenty) recall for possible engine fire( repaired factory recall) oil leak transmission (torque convertor seal replaced under warrenty) Water pump leaks antifreeze(repaired under warrenty) outside mirror rattle( repaired under warrenty) burnt oil /antifreeze smell in car, passengers got car sick or headaches ( three trys by GM shop to repair not repaired) I finally got sick and tired of the problems with the cruze and not being able to drive it because of the smell . The dealer that I bought the car from gave me a really good deal on an 2012 chev malibu so the cruze is gone. The cruze is a really good car on the highway as far as handling,gas mileageand I would have keep the cruze but for all the problems.
Old January 13th, 2013, 7:30 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Sach b
Those who said all these are wrong, i completely disagree with them, the cruze drives much better than its competitors like honda civic, toyota corolla etc Though i feel the mileage is somewhat average or less.

Only 1 problem i found in the cruze were its back seat especially the middle seat....It soo cramped for 5 foot 10 & above and lack of proper head support.

But overall its much better than the other cars in its class in terms of Ride quality, performance.

I agree with this bro.
And Yes most all cars, you have a hard time in the back seats when your taller or larger...

Yes it is much much better than its compedators.

It even does the same and better in some cases than the foreign hybrids that exist today, and it costs less than them.

Originally Posted by gggr
I had a 2011 cruze that had a lot of problems and not all of the problems could be resolved. No brakes in reverse (repaired under warrenty) recall for possible engine fire( repaired factory recall) oil leak transmission (torque convertor seal replaced under warrenty) Water pump leaks antifreeze(repaired under warrenty) outside mirror rattle( repaired under warrenty) burnt oil /antifreeze smell in car, passengers got car sick or headaches ( three trys by GM shop to repair not repaired) I finally got sick and tired of the problems with the cruze and not being able to drive it because of the smell . The dealer that I bought the car from gave me a really good deal on an 2012 chev malibu so the cruze is gone. The cruze is a really good car on the highway as far as handling,gas mileageand I would have keep the cruze but for all the problems.
Not hating on you or anything but you are a mainority, something like less than 5% of people who own the Cruz.

Also, with time, vehicles get improved.
There will always be a few quarks that exist in a brand new design. You take a gamble sometimes.

Just look at the 1988 Beretta, Great car, but the pastic or whatever came apart fast and water always puddled on the floor.
And when the Beretta came out, they recalled the car for plugs twice, steering rack, and a couple other things.
As time went on, the cars got better, till it got discontinued.

Same goes with any vehicle from any manufacturer.
But the big difference between manufacturers is the quality of parts and design of the vehicles.

Compare the Sonic to the Sion. I'd rather buy the sonic. why? Because its got a better structural design. It has way more steel. It gets the same or better gas milage, I can go on...

Just know, that the probability that you get a good brand new Cruz that will not have to be recalled for anything increases on top of the given minority.

So around 5% or less now have problems, that number drops as time goes on.

Test drive the Cruz, Test drive different ones to compare between different Cruz's. See what I mean?

Chances are, you'll buy the car, and enjoy it for years. But if you enjoy it or not is up to you.
Old January 24th, 2013, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

I have done a research, read so many comments and still want a new Cruze. Are there any Denver or at least Colorado locals to suggest a reliable dealer company?
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fundec
I have done a research, read so many comments and still want a new Cruze. Are there any Denver or at least Colorado locals to suggest a reliable dealer company?
fundec,

I would be happy to provide you a list of dealers near you. Would you please PM me your zip code?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 30th, 2013, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by fundec
If you have totally decided to buy a car you should ask for list of authorized dealers which have good reputation. My dealer is chevycruzefortmorgan and their services are totally satisfying.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

i posted 8 months ago and i am now at just a hair below 10,000 miles and still i have yet to see a car that i would definitely rather have than my cruze for the price i paid then.
i would love to test drive the dart but from what i saw both cars are very comparable and i would think you could get a cruze cheaper than a dart being its been out for so much longer.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 8:17 AM
CF Active Member

My neighbors have had a Cruz for a while. And just bought a second one because its been so reliable to them.

They go through so many cars too.... They kinda beat on their cars, and the Cruz is holding up.

First time I ever seen them buy two of the same thing.

So that right there shows me its a good car, as I know they are not the only ones to have done that.
Old April 27th, 2013, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

i think that has a good idea to bought the new cruze car because its speed is to faster then the other car.one more thing it has a reliable body.the maintenance of that type of car is easiest.
Old April 28th, 2013, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 2011 Cruze

We bought a new Cruze in 2011 and had a lot of problems with the car and not all problems could be resolved , We really liked the performance and all
the options that the car had but we couldn't live with all the problems . If GM solves all the problems that the car has with poor design we probably would buy another Cruze. We decided to buy a 2012 Malibu which has been dependably and the dealer made us a good deal so we could get ride of the Cruze. Some of the problems were Transmission leaks & rough shifting/brakes/burnet oil smell in car/antifreeze leak/rattle noise just to list a few. If the 2013 Cruze proves to be reliable we might buy another one but the 2011 Cruze was junk.

Quick Reply: Is it a good idea to buy a chevy cruze?