Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

help with an oil leak please

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2015, 10:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with an oil leak please

2012 cruze 1.4 L4 turbo. Just noticed that we were losing oil. seems to be coming out from behind these. was hoping someone here could tell me what they are so I could look into repairing. they are just below the valve cover on the front (passenger side) of the engine. thanks!

Last edited by jboy; November 5th, 2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old November 21st, 2015, 11:48 PM
CF Veteran

camshaft actuators they have O-rings on them and like to leak, if you have remaining powertrain warranty they are covered. I've done a lot of them.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you! I have been literally unable to identify these just surfing the net. It is covered and i'll probably take it in. I'm definitely getting the impression that theres a possibilty of falling up the timing if i do something wrong. I like to do my own work if at all possible but I won't risk messing anything up if I'm less than sure i can handle the repair. Don't suppose you'd know the part number for the orings off the top of your head?
Old November 22nd, 2015, 9:58 AM
CF Veteran

Nah I generally don't have anything to do with part numbers, and they aren't hard to change at all but if its under warranty in my eyes you may as well take it in. Let a tech get an easy repair for once and if anything else comes out of it its documented in GM system. Cruzes seem to be very buggy or awesome little cars just depends on what you drew out of the hat ha.