Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Major problems with my 2011 Cruze

Old January 25th, 2015, 1:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2012 is having the same issues. Had to have it towed in today for smoke and a burning smell coming from the radiator. I’m told it's the thermostat, water pump AND the radiator leaking! I am not under warranty as I have 88k miles and I don't even know what the power train would cover because they word the thing so confusing that you can't tell.

I have a 2007 from another manufacturer and have no problems with it. How is my 2012 giving me these kinds of problems already!? Is any of this even covered??? I am stuck out of town on a weekend and Chevy would not even look at it until Monday when they were open today in service!!! They said they won't look at major repairs on the weekend. That's great! I have to work a 10 hour shift on Monday. Not only that but when I did contact the dealership I was told service would get back to me very soon. Guess who never bothered calling me...I had to have it towed elsewhere to be looked at. Now I'm stuck here and have no freaking clue what to do.
Old January 25th, 2015, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default warranty/bankrupt year

Sorry to hear you got screws put to you too. I am also having a misfiring problem and DEALER said my warranty don't cover it and i am at 93000 just under warranty limit....also i found out threw a lawyer GM is refusing to back up warranties on 2011 models BC it was during there bankruptcy and they are not responsible for the old GM .......SO I AM SCREWED THANKS TO GM ......I OWE 10 GRAND ON A CAR I CANT DRIVE I AM DISABLED ON DISABILITY I NEED MY CAR TO GET TO DOCTOR FOR TREATMENTS FOR LiVER DISEASE ......BUT GM DONT CARE....MY FAMILY GETS HEAD ACHES WHEN IN 2011 CRUZE GM DONT CARE.....I AM JOINING CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT......UNLESS GM BUYS THIS CAR BACK SO I CAN PURCHASE THE 2016 CRUZE
Old January 25th, 2015, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Gm is ripping us off

[QUOTE=mtccc5;289362]
Originally Posted by pissedoffatgm
Just wanted to drop a note about my 2011 cruze ls that I had so many problems with, the engine has overheated three times and I know the engine was damaged , also transmission still not shifting correctly , but now I have 80,000 miles on it and it runs pretty good but it still bothers me that the engine overheated with only 1,000 miles on it?? My breaks don't work backing up from time to time, GM why don't you take care of these issues people who bought the 2011 cruze should be compensated and be able to trade out for a different year cruze , obviously that is not going to happen , hopefully nobody has to die before GM admits the 2011 Cruze ls 1.8 has major safety concerns, other than that I like the car I just don't like having to worry about my bran new car breaking down, I honestly have not got to have that " I got a new car feeling" when you have stress free car ownership , now I am truly concerned my warranty is almost up on power train , wish I could trade this car in for the Malibu , I still think the cruze is a good car but the first year model has quirks like most any new thing the quirks need to be figured out, but not on my dollar.[/QUOTE
I've researched high and low for solutions to my 2012 cruze problems only to realize that the 2012 has so many of the same issues as the 2010,11,13,14. GM issued a few recalls on the 10&11. Not nearly enough and to boot they continue to sell newer year cruze will the same problems as earlier years but haven't recalled the same issues in newer cars. I can't afford to have GM do a diagnosis at over $100 every time something goes wrong, never mind the out of pocket cost for parts & repairs when they test my patients by telling me it's not covered. GM took taxpayer money to stay afloat. In return GM turned around and decided to sell the taxpayers crap, screw them on warranties, hold out on recalls, manufacture parts in such a way that you have to buy entire components rather than individual parts and most parts are heavily inflated in price. In a nutshell, GM is robbing the American people blind.
we should start class action law suit
Old January 26th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dlgblg
My 2012 is having the same issues. Had to have it towed in today for smoke and a burning smell coming from the radiator. I’m told it's the thermostat, water pump AND the radiator leaking! I am not under warranty as I have 88k miles and I don't even know what the power train would cover because they word the thing so confusing that you can't tell.

I have a 2007 from another manufacturer and have no problems with it. How is my 2012 giving me these kinds of problems already!? Is any of this even covered??? I am stuck out of town on a weekend and Chevy would not even look at it until Monday when they were open today in service!!! They said they won't look at major repairs on the weekend. That's great! I have to work a 10 hour shift on Monday. Not only that but when I did contact the dealership I was told service would get back to me very soon. Guess who never bothered calling me...I had to have it towed elsewhere to be looked at. Now I'm stuck here and have no freaking clue what to do.
Hey dlgblg,

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Cruze. We would be happy to look into any questions you have on your vehicle and its warranty. Just send us a PM with your VIN and exact mileage.

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 28th, 2015, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 cruz is horrible

I totally feel the pain on anyone having issues with their cruz and service. my first and last experience with chevy. I don't say never very much but I will say never again will I buy from chevy. sorry for anyone dealing with them or a 2011 chevy cruz
Old April 27th, 2015, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Recalls

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco with approx 50k miles. I feel I have been very patient with the numerous recalls on this model. HOWEVER...

I had the water pump replaced this past October due to loss of fluid, overheating, excessive fan running, etc. Dealer did the work at no charge under a recall.

I am now experiencing loss of coolant, excessive fan running, engine monitor light on...and I am told by Hurricane Chevrolet that it is the coolant hose and they want $300 to replace it. Why was this not replaced with the pump and how can this not still be part of the recall?

What recourse do I have?
Old April 28th, 2015, 8:01 AM
CF Beginner

My car has been out for two weeks due to this coolant leak, nothing but problems since I had it..only owned for a year...had water pump replaced and recalls done, still having issues..worst car by far that I have ever had. I was also asked to prove regular oil changes but I had all my receipts so now it's a waiting game with the the dealer. I'm so disappointed in Chevy with this car.
Old April 28th, 2015, 9:41 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by msjack82
My car has been out for two weeks due to this coolant leak, nothing but problems since I had it..only owned for a year...had water pump replaced and recalls done, still having issues..worst car by far that I have ever had. I was also asked to prove regular oil changes but I had all my receipts so now it's a waiting game with the the dealer. I'm so disappointed in Chevy with this car.
Hello Msjack82,

We truly apologize for this! We would never want our Cruze to become a disappointing experience for you, and we would be happy to look into this further. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the dealership you are working with. We would be happy to contact the dealer for any updates. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 29th, 2015, 7:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default Yay!

I've posted in this forum several times about our horrible experiences with our 2011 Cruze. Towards the end we were pretty lucky. All of the fluids leaking out of the coolant reservoir were putting out the fires started in the Turbo charger. Just kidding, but I made good on my promise to the "customer service" people at GM. On 3/31, I bought my first Subaru ending 44 years of always being in a Chevy. GM lost a loyal customer because of a terrible car that they wouldn't acknowledge that anything was wrong. Now, I tell EVERYONE about how awful they are and point them to this site as proof. If everyone who bought a 2011 Cruze is having issues with the Turbocharger and coolant leaks, stop deflecting and fix the damn car! My final straw was going out to my car and my GPS wouldn't work and the clock wouldn't stay set. I now have a reliable car and will never step foot in a GM dealership again.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy cruze problem

I had a similar issue recently with about 46000 miles on my car. Went to get on the highway and all of a sudden my car would not go over 40 ish mph. Drove it home with no other issues other than the warning light came on for the engine. It took them 10 days to figure it out. The diagnostic code gave an error with the mass flow sensor but that didn't end up fixing the problem. It ended up being that the intercooler in the turbo unit was plugging up so it was replaced and covered under my powertrain warranty. Seems the turbo unit in the cruzes is having some issues??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Major problems with my 2011 Cruze