Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Old April 18th, 2016, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having the same exact issue

Having the same exact issue our 2012 Chevy Cruz just started running the fan constantly we are told by a shop that it needs to be a thermostat which is about a $350 fix we called the dealership today the car only has 27,000 miles but it's out of warranty because it's more than three years sounds like this is a very big ongoing problem for Chevy any help from the administrators would be greatly appreciated
Old April 27th, 2016, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

I do not understand how Chevy says this is not an issue with the Cruze model with so many people reporting the same issue for a few years now.

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze...same problem, Check engine light is on and the fan runs all the time loudly. Chevy Customer service stated they contacted a dealership on my behalf and I would be contacted...needless to say no one from any dealership has contacted me.

This is very frustrating as this is clearly not my issue...it is a Cruze issue otherwise so many people would not be reporting the same thing. Shame on you Chevy.
Old April 27th, 2016, 5:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by danielconlon
I do not understand how Chevy says this is not an issue with the Cruze model with so many people reporting the same issue for a few years now.

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze...same problem, Check engine light is on and the fan runs all the time loudly. Chevy Customer service stated they contacted a dealership on my behalf and I would be contacted...needless to say no one from any dealership has contacted me.

This is very frustrating as this is clearly not my issue...it is a Cruze issue otherwise so many people would not be reporting the same thing. Shame on you Chevy.
Hello danielconlon,

I completely understand your continued frustration with this fan concern. I was able to locate your previous case from last year which documented this issue. Since you stated you weren't contacted by the dealership, we'd like to reach out to them again on your behalf. As you know, we're only one private message away if this is something you'd like to move forward with. Please also verify your current mileage and the best contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 7th, 2016, 5:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue, dealership was no help

I am having and have been having tuis same issue for over a year now. When i took it in i got the same code. But the dealership told me, that it could be a number of issues and if it wasnt part of the engine or transmission issue it would cost me 200 just for them to diganosis the issue.. I went to a private mechanic friend of mine (my ex husband) and he relayed that it was infact this same issue and that i could either pay to replace it or just leave it be and that it would not effect my ability to use the car. Since it was the sensor, causing the check engine light to come on occasionally and go off. I did so. But i have had two big concerns with having to deal with this. 1 the fan is extremely loud now. Like hear it over my radio loud. 2 that if there was infact a real issue need immediatly attention I wouldnt be able to tell the difference in why my check engine light is on. My chevy is 2012. I have just about 58,000 on it now. And almost paid off.
I have always loved chevy and dont have the heart to trade my cruize in, but reading this and knowing it is a known issue and that its not something i did wrong cause i have taken great care of my baby. .I loke others feel as though I shouldnt have to pay for it. I would really love to be able to have my car in proper running order that way if and when that check engine light is on for real i can properly take care of it so i dont loose the engine all together.
And it will still be my favorite car that I would be able to hand down to my daughter in a couple years because of the love she has for it.
If there is anything anyone could help me with, it would be much appreciated
Old May 7th, 2016, 5:38 PM
CF Beginner

Hi,
Many people are complaining about the same issue and Chevy says there is no issue - that is so weird to me. They must know something and are just not willing to pay for it.

Just to let you know, someone from Chevy Customer Service may reached out to you and asked for the car mileage, VIN number and some contact information. They will offer to reach out to a Chevy dealer on your behalf and will help you secure an appointment. Well SPOILER ALERT, Chevy Customer Service is just helping you make an appointment - something you can do yourself. You will then find out YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY for the diagnostic as it is not covered under warranty etc.

I agree Chevy should have to pay for this but they are not - they are just trying to get more business for their dealers. It happened to me. They pretend they are helping but all they are doing is making an appointment for you which like I told them I could have done myself.

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN CHEVY. Beware!!

Originally Posted by Rtbravyu
I am having and have been having tuis same issue for over a year now. When i took it in i got the same code. But the dealership told me, that it could be a number of issues and if it wasnt part of the engine or transmission issue it would cost me 200 just for them to diganosis the issue.. I went to a private mechanic friend of mine (my ex husband) and he relayed that it was infact this same issue and that i could either pay to replace it or just leave it be and that it would not effect my ability to use the car. Since it was the sensor, causing the check engine light to come on occasionally and go off. I did so. But i have had two big concerns with having to deal with this. 1 the fan is extremely loud now. Like hear it over my radio loud. 2 that if there was infact a real issue need immediatly attention I wouldnt be able to tell the difference in why my check engine light is on. My chevy is 2012. I have just about 58,000 on it now. And almost paid off.
I have always loved chevy and dont have the heart to trade my cruize in, but reading this and knowing it is a known issue and that its not something i did wrong cause i have taken great care of my baby. .I loke others feel as though I shouldnt have to pay for it. I would really love to be able to have my car in proper running order that way if and when that check engine light is on for real i can properly take care of it so i dont loose the engine all together.
And it will still be my favorite car that I would be able to hand down to my daughter in a couple years because of the love she has for it.
If there is anything anyone could help me with, it would be much appreciated
Old May 7th, 2016, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy os going down hill

Thank you very much for letting me know! Yeah im extremely disappointed also.

I have alot of friends in the news industry i might just have to make it more public than one forum. I know several reporters that would love a Big scoop on manufacter issues with a big corporation like chevy. Especially since if you even start to google this same issue with this car you find so so many unsatisfied customers.

Never been a ford person myself my dream vehicle has always been a chevy silverado. but ill do what i have to do to keep wheels under my childrens butts and if chevy cant provide that well a ford explorer or expedition is sounding mighty sweet right now. And it can sit next to my dodge journey.

Chevy just isnt the same

QUOTE=danielconlon;321484]Hi,
Many people are complaining about the same issue and Chevy says there is no issue - that is so weird to me. They must know something and are just not willing to pay for it.

Just to let you know, someone from Chevy Customer Service may reached out to you and asked for the car mileage, VIN number and some contact information. They will offer to reach out to a Chevy dealer on your behalf and will help you secure an appointment. Well SPOILER ALERT, Chevy Customer Service is just helping you make an appointment - something you can do yourself. You will then find out YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY for the diagnostic as it is not covered under warranty etc.

I agree Chevy should have to pay for this but they are not - they are just trying to get more business for their dealers. It happened to me. They pretend they are helping but all they are doing is making an appointment for you which like I told them I could have done myself.

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN CHEVY. Beware!![/QUOTE]
Old May 11th, 2016, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Engine light on, Fan running non stop

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruz. Looks like there is a lot of the same issue. My fan is constantly running and the engine light came on. I went into check the engine light at autozone and came back with Thermostat, although I have changed my thermostat not long ago. Is there any recalls on this?
Old May 13th, 2016, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fan running!

I'm also having the same issue! When I bought the car it didn't have cruise control so they added it at the dealership. However the messed up and I've had nothing but issues since. Apparently it was basically frying my car and made it so that the traction control light came on and I couldn't go faster than 5 mph. They disconnected it and that problem went away but now I have no dash controls or Bluetooth as they stopped working a while back and now the fan with the check engine light issue. Also neither the AC nor the heat work up to par. You have to be pushing the gas for hot air to come out so no warming the car up in the mornings and the AC used to freeze you out but barely cools now. Thought all of this may be related to the initial issue but not sure and I'm sure I'll never know. This was my first car I've ever bought and needless to say it has not been a pleasant experience!
Old June 24th, 2016, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default My fan is also running

My fan is constantly running making the car loud and the check engine light is on. I have preciously gotten a diagnostic that read thermostat failure really close to my NY state inspection due date so I bought and had the thermostat replaced this was functional and the car passed inspection. But now only 3 months later the fan is back running non stop and the check engine light is back on. The temp gauge reads accurate, and the car doesn't over heat its just loud and it will not pass inspection next year with this still present. It seems to be pretty common and a recurring issue if not handled by GM. How ever having it repaired prior and then encountering it again is not sitting well with me. The GM dealer wants $100 just for the diagnostic regardless of me bringing in my own printed diagnostic. And I have already been told that the car is no longer covered under the Warranty as it expired in January of 2016. I do not wish to continue paying to repair something it seems is a known issue with these 2011 Chevy Cruze cars and having to provide $100 to be told about the known issue? Why is this not a recall that is covered for everyone experiencing the issue considering how common it seems to be and the recurrence factor when not repaired by GM there is an obvious fix that GM is providing for those who had it repaired by GM.
Old June 26th, 2016, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

I am having this same issue and the fan is running constantly. The code is P0599 Thermostat heater control circuit high. Could I get an administrator to please contact me? My nearest Dealership is 30 miles away. I need to know if it is safe to drive that far with this issue. Again could an administrator please contact me? I am still under 36,000 miles but over the 3 years by 6 months. I am wondering if my comprehensive 100,000 mile warranty will cover this?

Last edited by Billy Reese; June 26th, 2016 at 6:25 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my engine fan is running all the time