Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

my engine fan is running all the time

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2017, 7:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thermostat

Originally Posted by phelps2231
I have a 2012 chevy cruze and I'm having the same problem of engine light and fan running loudly and constantly. Also with a code of p0599. Does anyone know if replacing the coolant temp sensor resolves the issue?
I had a 2011 Cruze and had the same issue with my car at around 90k miles. We replaced the thermostat and it solved the problem. I don't know how much it cost to have it done at the dealer, but if you do it yourself, it should only cost less than $100. That's the thermostat and the coolant we refilled. Make sure to check for leaks.

2011-2015 Chevrolet Cruze Thermostat Kit - AC Delco W0133-2066625 - - PartsGeek.com
Old March 3rd, 2017, 3:58 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you
Old May 22nd, 2017, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy Cruze fan running non-stop

My 2012 Chevy Cruze has been having the same problem. I've been to autozone and have been given the same codes that everyone else is posting on these threads. I'm not sure if it's and easy fix or if someone could lead my in the right direction? I'm a home health nurse and really
need my car to be safe and dependable. Please help!
Old July 20th, 2017, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default Wow, why hasn't there been a recall for this issue

I was recently told the same thing about my warranty which was 5 years or 60,000 went to the dealer with a little over 60,000 to get this resolved and was told they couldn't do it. Now I'm trying to trade my car in for another (Chevy-- because I thought they have great cars and service) and they are lowering the value knowing that this is just a software glitch. I am beyond frustrated and upset that they would do this to their customers and potential future buyers!!!
Old August 23rd, 2017, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fan is running again

A about a year ago the 2012 Cruz had a problem with the fan running. Got it fixed less than a year ago and it is running again. I will never buy a chevy again. Done with the brand and product.
Old August 30th, 2017, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

I bought the Chevy Cruze because of the BIG push of made in America and that Chevy was changing their tune for quality made in America.
BUT !!!! I went out and bought the 2012 Chevy Cruze , brand NEW from the dealership and their has been many recalls.
In this case I too have been seeing my engine cooling fan running inconsistently to what the engine temp reading is. And my engine light turns on.
It seems everyone is seeing this issue and yet Chevy has done nothing to remedy or recall to this issue.

So what is the problem here ?
Thermostat ?
Cooling Sensor?
Water Pump ?

Obviously GM will take NO responsibility for this defective issue in all of their 2012 Chevy Cruze.
Does anyone have a definite answer to this problem , I don't want to get burned by the Chevy dealership to fix a ton of different items.

I have always bought Japanese vehicles, I just wanted to support USA .......
Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fan continues to run

I have a 2014 Cruze with 50k Miles.... my fan runs after the car is cut off, and now the engine light is on. If this seems to be a common problem with the Cruze why want they issue a recall. My warranty has ended and I can't purchase another one thought the dealership because of this issue. Nor do I believe I should have to pay to fix a problem that seems to be an issue with these cars.
Old October 16th, 2017, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

I'm having trouble with the cooling system on my 2012 Chevy Cruze. It's been running hot and revving when idling. Took it to the dealer and they just called. $135 to diagnose problems but, of course, problems aren't covered under warranty. They're telling me they have to replace cooling fan assembly for $911.25; Multiple Leaks: Camshaft actuator seal: $151.24; oil cap $19.30; Transmission cooler pipes $455.07; coolant outlet hose $23.53. Under warranty: Coolant outlet; oil pan gasket and torque converter pump seal. Why do I have to pay for the diagnoses and for replacing the cooling system and transmission pipes, etc. when multiple people are having these issues? I am so mad an want to sit my car in front of the dealer with a bunch of lemons on it.
Old November 5th, 2017, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 fan running

I have the same problem. I have 2011 Cruze 48k miles and the fan started running again few weeks ago. The first time it started I replaced the temperature housing unit and it stopped. That was a few months ago. Now it is running again. I’ve replaced the sensor today and it’s still running and showing my check engine light. My engine doesn’t run hot and it’s been cool weather as of late. Please help!
Old December 4th, 2017, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Thermostat is gone !

Quick Reply: my engine fan is running all the time