Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Brand Review > Engine Building & Overhauling
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Engine Building & Overhauling All you ever wanted to know about building and rebuilding engines in here! Remember to post your model-specific questions in the correct section.

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 PM
CF Beginner

Question big block chevy

i know this is probably dumb but i need to know if the 454 used a oil slinger
behind the timing cover cant remember if it had one or not and of course
i cant find one in or around my truck or in the shop i torn it down awhile back and now its finally built but i am stuck at this point cause if it did have one i want to put it back in man i should have paid more att. and used my camera
any help would be appreciated
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 4door dually project

i started out with a 2wd so i rip out all that stuff and bought a k2500 frame
for all the 4wd parts hangers and springs steering box etc.
i pulled the motor and put in the front cross member and the motor towers
did all the fab work to put in the springs and front end all that is done so i had my bb 454 machine shop built 30 over trw forged pistons mild cam and had the heads done with new studs and guide plates and new guides new crank and new rods line bore on crank and cam was done new every thing it is almost done and there is no oil slinger motors in and all i have left is bolting uo the exshaust pipes and droping the dis. and plugs and carb and wireing it up and should be ready the way i had thye motor done it should be a pulling bear.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:44 PM

Tags
big, block, carlo, chev, chevy, com, cover, forum, forums, fourms, identify, inter, monte, put, timing