Engine Building & Overhauling All you ever wanted to know about building and rebuilding engines in here! Remember to post your model-specific questions in the correct section.

Fitech- on a 1963 chevy nova with a blown 383- not a advertised

Old January 5th, 2017, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fitech- on a 1963 chevy nova with a blown 383- not a advertised

I would like to tell everyone my experience with Fitech. First of I ordered the 30004 model with the fuel command center. My order came to $1600 through Summit racing. I ordered the unit in June and received it in October. I was very excited to finally receive the unit. I schedule it to be installed the very next day as I was excited but injured and couldn't preform the install myself . They promote this unit to be very easy to install. It was on the car in a little over a hour at the shop which was good at $100 per hour. However now for the problems, the car would not idle but the AFR wouldn't reflect a issue. After 4 hours of trouble shooting at the shop rate with the help of Cody from Fitech, Cody the fitech tech said it was a bad ecu right out of the box. I had to pay to have it shipped both ways to fitech to get a new unit. I received the new unit back only to again have leaning issues under load. Under direction from Cody we replaced the plug and plug wires and the MSD 6AL ignition unit, Fixed nothing. He continued to give reasons why it was not the fitech's issue. However I was well over $3600 into a $1600 upgrade. So I ordered a Holley terminator 550-406 model $2400 with a 2bar map censor and I then was able to installed it in the place of the fitech and it worked perfectly. Now I have a $1600 fitech pile in my trunk and have spent hours on phone getting to know Cody from fitech. I then asked for a refund and they said no, repair or replace. I asked Mark the director of operations of fitech why would I need two efi units, he told me I could then sell it on ebay and recover some of my money spent, as they do not do refunds.

I would not recommend this unit to anyone to put on any car.

Fitech- "We repair or replace" "We stand behind our product but don't pay for anything" "We have Thousands on units on cars, sorry your having issues with ours."

Fitech is not the same as Holley in my eyes- They have a product that works at least for me!!!!!!
Old January 11th, 2017, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After weeks of dealing with the fitech run around of we will "take care of you". I have just figured out that once you put fuel to the unit it is "yours" and all the problems that go with it. I have put all of MY fitech stuff on ebay. The next guy can deal with fitech as I am done......

1-24-2017- I am now no longer a fitech owner- Fitech has now ignored my phone calls and my emails. They feel it was my issue and don't want to hear from a past customer- glad to be done with Fitech- as the F has more meaning now....

Last edited by 1963novaconvert; January 24th, 2017 at 12:07 PM.

Search this Thread