Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

05 Equinox drags when starting and clock keeps resetting to 12:))

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2011, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Equinox drags when starting and clock keeps resetting to 12:))

The past couple of days when I go to start my car (05 Equinox) it seems to drag and not want to turn over. Also, the clock on the radio keeps resetting to 12:00 every morning.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Battery is new so I now it's not that.

Please help!!
Old November 30th, 2011, 9:46 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I cannot find any issues with the Equinox based on your description. If you would like to PM me your full name, phone number, VIN number, mileage and dealer you normally work with, I'd be happy to look into this further for you. I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 24th, 2011, 10:13 PM
CF Junior Member

I suggest checking any cables which are power related ie. The negative cable. These could be something as simple as them being loose or it could be something big like a bad computer.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 1:51 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

It sounds like a battery/electrical problem. The battery is responsible for powering the memory that keeps your time. I had a similar issue in my previous truck, a Chevrolet s10. I live in Minnesota so I chalked it up to it just being effected by the cold weather, until I got my battery checked and realized it was good. I would recommend checking your connections to the battery and making sure they're free of corrosion and on securely. The issue on mine was that the post on the negative terminal had gotten loose and didn't have a good connection.