Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

07 Equinox reliability?

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2017, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Equinox reliability?

Hi all, I'm thinking about purchasing an 07 Equinox LT AWD from my local dealer. 1 owner with only 50k miles on it. Other than a few tiny cosmetic things it seems to be in mint condition. Have the 07s stood the test of time? Is there anything I should specifically look for? The price is 8700 which seems in line with KBB and Edmunds. Are these considered overall reliable? Thanks in advance..
Old January 9th, 2017, 8:15 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by coastalconn
Hi all, I'm thinking about purchasing an 07 Equinox LT AWD from my local dealer. 1 owner with only 50k miles on it. Other than a few tiny cosmetic things it seems to be in mint condition. Have the 07s stood the test of time? Is there anything I should specifically look for? The price is 8700 which seems in line with KBB and Edmunds. Are these considered overall reliable? Thanks in advance..
The engine and transmission are very reliable, but the AWD setup isn't as robust IMO. Usually, the AWD isn't used often because the front wheels need to slip before the rear wheels are engaged.
Old January 9th, 2017, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruley73
The engine and transmission are very reliable, but the AWD setup isn't as robust IMO. Usually, the AWD isn't used often because the front wheels need to slip before the rear wheels are engaged.
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm on the coast of CT so I only need AWD a few times a year... I am probably going to buy it tomorrow to replace a Dodge Magnum that has been less than reliable for me.