Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 Chevy Equinox 102k ABS Traction Control Wheel Speed Sensor

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2011, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy Equinox 102k ABS Traction Control Wheel Speed Sensor

I just bought a 05 Equinox that had the TC and ABS lights on. I had it scanned and it said it was the the front left speed sensor. I replaced the hub with the sensor, even though the old one looked pretty new and so did the one on the passenger side.

The TC and ABS lights came back after 10min of driving. I scanned it again and it said Front Left Speed Sensor. I erased the codes and they returned after 10min again. I then swaped the hub+sensor from the passenger side to the driver side and still the same code. Front Left Speed Sensor. I then left the scanner connected and started driving and the scanner was reading both speed sensor speeds just fine as I was driving.

The only code that my scanner gives me is Front Left Speed Sensor.

What else could it be? Or what else can I check for?
Old June 17th, 2011, 6:52 PM
CF Active Member

As much as I hate to say it, it sounds like a direct short somewhere. I hate electrical work, but you'll probably need to start tracing wires. Have you tried just disconnecting the battery ground cable for a couple of minutes to clear the code that way? I'm just guessing on this one, but stranger things have happened.
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default same problem

My ABS and traction control light come on. The brakes pulsate sometimes even if I'm not applying the brake. If I go over a bump it'll set it off. I had the wheel speed sensor in the front driver's side wheel but the problem persists. Has anyone else figured out the problem?