Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 Chevy Equinox ABS and TC light????

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2011, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2005 Chevy Equinox ABS and TC light????

HI i have a 2005 Chevy Equinox LS with 136,000 miles on it and my ABS and Traction control light have been coming on for about 3 weeks now. What happens is when i start my car up, the lights are off. But when i put my car in drive, after about 10-20 seconds of driving, my abs and tc light comes on and my abs makes a wierd sound and then thats it. The lights just stay on. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be?
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls --><!-- / controls -->
<!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- post 194660 popup menu --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>agoliver2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>View Public Profile</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send a private message to agoliver2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send email to agoliver2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Find all posts by agoliver2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Add agoliver2 to Your Contacts</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- / post 194660 popup menu --><!-- / post #194660 -->
<!-- start content table --><!-- / start content table --><!-- controls below postbits --><TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: -3px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=smallfont></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old October 13th, 2011, 8:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

possibly the abs speed sensors. typically there is one at each front wheel. these sensors over time can wear out and need replacing. check with dealer to see if sensors alone can be replaced, which i think so, or if you have to replace the whole wheel hub assembly. a good professional shop should be able to plug in and tell ya if it is in fact these sensors.
Old November 6th, 2011, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

hi i have checked my speed sensors i disconnected all of them and re connected them and they are fine. My light comes on almost immediatly now if not them in about 20 seconds while driving. Then it makes a abs noise and then the lights go on. any other ideas?
Old January 20th, 2012, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

I do have the same situation on the past,,.. You have a abs sensor bad. You need to use a scanner to verify the code..each wheel have a sensor..
I did change the sensor and the hub.. but got the same problem few hrs later..until I change the pig tail, the part number its ACDELCO 22715444.
Be sure to read this post (completed) and you will have a better understand.. !!

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equ...roblems-41758/

Let us know what you did after !!

Best regards..
Old September 20th, 2012, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2005 ABS/TC problems

I too have been having issues. First it was just the ABS system. The brakes would fight back at me when I'm trying to brake. I brought it to my mechanic in April and he replaced the light sensor and then some other part. It was good for a while and then it started back up...a little at first. I brought it back to the shop and told them it was acting up again and although I had them install new brakes (they were due anyway), they couldn't see anything on the computer that the system was acting up again. This was now July and unfortunately because of my husband's health I haven't been able to get it back to the shop. I barely can get 100' after starting up the car when there is an awful noise, like a gattling gun sound, braking is often difficult and there have been 2 instances already were the car did NOT stop. Once the lights go on (and both ABS and TC lights go on) I don't have that retched noise or hard braking issues.

I'm still trying to read through the forum for a solution, in the meantime, I've posted. Now to find the forum for my automatic door lock
Old July 27th, 2016, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default The acdelco part mentioned previously fixed thprohe problem

But I didnt have to replace the cable, just had to push the plug back in place.
Old December 28th, 2017, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by netmessys
I do have the same situation on the past,,.. You have a abs sensor bad. You need to use a scanner to verify the code..each wheel have a sensor..
I did change the sensor and the hub.. but got the same problem few hrs later..until I change the pig tail, the part number its ACDELCO 22715444.
Be sure to read this post (completed) and you will have a better understand.. !!

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equ...roblems-41758/

Let us know what you did after !!

Best regards..
short answer went to three machanics they all failed.. car did not want to stop and ABS BREAKS FOUGHT THE DRIVER. WASTED LOTS OF DOLLARS.. Here is the fix 1) went under the hood and pulled the abs fuse.. disabling them now car has standard brakes and no traction control....2) never buy another AWD GM OR FORD VEHICLE WITH TRACTION CONTROL 0R ABS...THEY ARE DANGEROUS... PROBLEM SOLVED... AND I MEAN IT
Old October 25th, 2021, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Replaced Right Front Passenger Wheel speed Sensor

I was told That the reason my ABS/Traction Light Dash lights were on as my Front right Passenger wheel speed sensor is broken, So I had a mechanic replace it, I asked about the lights shutting off and he said you have to drive around before the Computer reads that it is fixed and working again. Is this true?

When anyone replaced their Wheel speed Sensors di the light shut right off when you started the vehicle or did it take awhile for them to go out?