Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 Equinox LT ABS?

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2014, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Equinox LT ABS?

I have a 2005 Equinox LT. When coming to a complete stop it sounds and feels like the abs system is activated. You can let up on the brake and then re-apply to move through it, but feels like a safety issue. There are not any "dummy lights" on. Any input?

Thank you,
DaveD
Old February 4th, 2015, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default abs

We have the same vehicle and have been having issues with this for months. We've had the left front wheel hub replaced for the sensor, that wasn't it. The tire shop had it off and on for two months and finally determined it was the wiring but said chevy has to build it so we had to take it there. We have now been to two different chevy dealers who refuse to fix it because the wiring is not the code it is showing. Chevy will not fix my car and it sometimes does not stop completely. Be careful and good luck!
Old April 15th, 2015, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

I have a similar issue. It doesn't always kick in on braking but it has been a larger and larger percentage of the time lately.

My mechanic took it on the road with the computer hooked up and said the speed reading jumped up occasionally to 100mph. He is leaning more towards the control module than a sensor and just suggested pulling the ABS fuse so that it doesn't kick in at all (of course that means the ABS and TC lights are constantly on) rather than spending big bucks on fixing it.

Based on my prior experiences with this car I wouldn't be surprised if it was wiring related. So before throwing in the towel I'm going to check as much of that as I can.

And coincidentally I just read a thread here asking if there's any relationship between EGR valve and ABS. A few months after getting my EGR replaced (about 2 years ago now) I started having the check engine light come on, and the code was for an EGR output out of range. Since at that point I didn't suspect a bad EGR valve I just checked the connector, which visually looked fine, but after reconnecting it, the warning light went out. A couple more times of this and I got some contact cleaner which stopped it for a long time, but it started again over the winter, but intermittently and with the cold weather I haven't futzed with it. Perhaps they share a common wiring harness, or else a software connection.