Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if anyone has a list of the part #'s associated with this fix. I am also having the same issue and I do not want to pay 1000's of $$ to have this checked out. I'd like to start with the Wiring Harness and see if that resolves the issue. Also Was this something that you have to Replace on both sides? Is there a harness on each tire? Would it make sense to replace all at the same time as there really wouldn't be a way to tell which one is causing the issue. Maybe stupid questions but I am not a "car person" Thanks in advance for any info.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by paulgunning
i had the same problem and changed the egr valve and the problem went away for over a year now. P
me too, i had a bad sensor on the top of the egr, i just replaced teh sensor (had to buy the whole egr, just used teh sensor) and the traction control light went off. This is normal, because the traction control shouldnt be active if the engine sensors are misreporting engine conditions.

However, this thread is related to just just the TC light, but the combo of TC/ABS, so in their condition the TC light is probably coming on because of the ABS, not engine components.
Old September 26th, 2012, 2:45 AM
CF Beginner

I'm having same issue. I've had my 06 equinox in the chevy dealer 3 times. First time changed the hub bearing. Next time was the other. Next time put contact grease on all the contacts to the front left wheel. They seem to be smart enough to realize the problem is on the front left but can't figure out what it is.

I've been a chevy fan since I was 13. They were always easier to work on. I'm older now. I drive my kids in this vehicle. I have less than 62,000 miles on it! I swear if it is not fixed next time, I'm done with Chevy! It's amazing I take it to the dealer and they can't fix thier own stuff? I could see if it was a different make going to chevy.

Frustrated
Old October 3rd, 2012, 8:27 PM
sdk
CF Beginner

Default This is ridiculous this is not a recall.

We bought a 2007 Equinox for our daughter last year and we have had this problem with the car ever since. It has been to the repair shop 3 times and still not fixed. She also almost had a wreck from going thru a stop sign with this problem. What is it going to take - somebody getting killed. As many posts as we have seen on here and I am sure there are way more that have not been posted but have been to the dealership and dealing with this problem, I am absolutely appalled that this has not been a recall. We are now going to take the vehicle to a private shop WITH A COPY OF THIS FORUM to see if they can get it fixed. This is so unethical and should be reported but we are not sure where to go next.
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Equinox abs/tc light

I own a 2006 Chevy Equinox LT and it seems they are all having the same problem. I replaced the ABS sensors but am still having the ABS and TC lights come on and my brakes pulsate. Does anyone have a part number for the pigtail wire harness? I thought I would try that next I have no warranty so replacing parts myself Also why isn't there a recall on this if so many people are having this issue?
Old October 22nd, 2012, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

I am starting to see a trend with these 05-06 Equinox LT's. I am also having similar problems with mine. I have no warning lights on, when i brake hard the problem doesn't seem to happen, the abs engages when im applying slight pressure to the brakes, like when im creeping up to a stop sign. I've checked the fluid, sensors seem fine. has any dealership found a problem to this???

Also im having a problem with my ignition. sometimes it'll start just fine then ill drive to the store come back out and its almost like the ignition switch gets stuck, the starter just hesitates for a few seconds then the engine either stalls sometimes or eventually catches. any help with these issues is greatly appreciated thank you in advance.
Old October 27th, 2012, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Recalls.gov

So I agree, this issue has been going on long enough and affects enough vehicles and is clearly a safety issue that a recall should be initiated. If you go the the above link you can report a vehicle. I will be doing so!

bonjean
Old October 30th, 2012, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

NBK, dont bother with the pigtail wire harness. it wont fix the issue. Already tried. I contacted an attorney about it. If we all pitch in im sure we can get this handled. Chevrolet needs to fix this Soon. i have a daughter and if anything were to happen to her or my wife. I'm not sure what i would do. So my email is kobescorz81@aim.com send me your info to pass along to the lawyer to see if we can get chevy to pay us to drive their dang car.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default update

update, just got off the phone with the lawyer. Unless this happend during the warranty period chevrolet will get a way with it. Until it causes an accident. They want someone to die first before they even consider recalling the issue. Very Disappointed.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by zhsp109
NBK, dont bother with the pigtail wire harness. it wont fix the issue. Already tried.
Just curious... what other parts did you replace besides the pigtail wire harness?

Quick Reply: 2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems