Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default File a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

speaking with a friend of mine who works for congress. we have to file and we all need to file. bullcrap on the warranty thing. that attorney didn't know beans or didn't want to deal. the problem does have to be proven to be a danger, (which i agree is a no brainer) that is when recalls get issued. so file a complaint and keep hammering them. then once we have enough people on the bandwagon, we can call attention to it, perhaps through media. anyone want to film it in action and post it on YouTube? I might be able to pull that one off, or ask a newsperson to ride along. make enough noise, someone will listen.

i have some other areas of my life right now that are taking up a lot of my time. i will soon have those things handled and the could probably become more activist on this issue. in the meantime, i will file a complaint on the nhtsa website.

bonjean
Old November 8th, 2012, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2005 Equinox 2WD that also has the false ABC activation issue at low speeds. We have had the front ABS sensors replaced to no avail. I am going to remove the sensors and sand down any corrosion on the hubs where it makes contact, inspect the gear on the axel, and make sure there are no contaniments. If this fails to work, I am thinking about purchasing on new ABS sensor with a pig-tail and a complete wiring harness for just one side. If the problem doesn't goes away I'll switch the new parts to the other side. At least I'll be able to diagnose if its a fault in the front or rear system.

Its an annoying problem and its oboviously a common issue with these Equinox's

Last edited by GEARHEAD_ENG; November 8th, 2012 at 2:04 PM.
Old November 9th, 2012, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Posting a update on my 06 Equinox with the same ABS issues that everyone here is having... ( oh also my heater stopped working as well since my last post)... Well after multiple calls to Chevy they said there was a special coverage to cover the heater with no out of pocket expense to me. Coverage #11135, if you are having this problem call them and demand this. The brakes are another issue....Took it to the dealer and they told me the ABS Module needs to be replaced ($563 fix). When I contacted GM the first time they told me the brakes might be covered but they wouldnt know without it being diagnosed by a dealer... well i guess they arent covering it. I thought the diagnose info might be helpful to some of you though. Best of Luck
Old November 9th, 2012, 9:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

no manufacturer warranties brakes on a six year old vehicle... at least you saved a grand on the blend door.
Old November 24th, 2012, 2:00 AM
CF Beginner

Question

Has anyone found the problem with the abs pulsating on the 2006 equinox? I find it doesn't do it at high speeds only at slow. Anyone have any ideas?
Old November 26th, 2012, 8:43 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Rlggander,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Equinox vehicle. This may be related to an issue with the rotors. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I recommend you consult with a technician for an inspection and official diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions or need assistance locating a technician, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 3rd, 2012, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

i solved my problem by replacing one of the front hub assemblies. the speed/abs sensor was bad and they only come in the hub easy job for me. no more pulsating all better
Old December 4th, 2012, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks for the tip

How did you find out the bad hub? S10 Lover?

Thanks.
Old December 4th, 2012, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

after troubleshooting it myself i had to take it to the dealership for a diagnosis because i wasnt getting ANY check lights. the dealership told me it was the front right abs/speed sensor. and the sensor is built right into the hub.
Old December 18th, 2012, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Equinox ABS

I am also having the same problem with my ABS. I have had my car in the shop the last 5 out of 5 days. ABS and TC light on, grindind sound, and the brakes push back. I am out $500 so far with no results. This is obviously a situation that should be a recall. I need help. So far have replaced right front sensor, left rear hub. Now looking at wiring.

Quick Reply: 2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems