Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Chevy Equinox LT ABS and Traction Control Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2016, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulsing Breaks and ABS light solved - 2006 Equinox

I had pulsing breaks and an ABS light on, found 6 electric plugs(4 front, 2 back) to spray with contact cleaner with no help. Finally the last plug fixed the problem. Next time I will add grease to this plug. It has 4 wires on the plug, it is under the car in the center between the rear tires. This really did the trick!!
Old April 4th, 2016, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

I'm having this same issue on my wife's 06 equinox, sounds like doing 2 things should ALMOST guarantee a fix.
1. apply contact cleaner to the 6 plug described by leetompkins above.
2. replace the wheel speed sensor part# 22715444 I assume on both front tires since it is front wheel drive there should be and on the rear...I that assumption is wrong please correct me.

Question this raises is, How do you install these sensors?

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Last edited by Sam Robinson; April 4th, 2016 at 1:08 PM.
Old April 4th, 2016, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Clean the plugs first

I cleaned 7 plugs and it fixed 99% of the problems. The 4 wire plug helped the most. I found a few more plugs under the fuse box to clean and now I am 100% no pulsing. I tested my sensors with a meter as suggested on a site and they all had the correct resistance. 4 sensors would cost a lot to change maybe for nothing. Many different variables are possible so I don't think anyone can give you a guarantee on the repair. I would start with the 7 plugs and test it. I can clean these plugs with the tires on in just a few minutes. I added grease to the plugs to help with mosture. Good Luck!!
Old April 5th, 2016, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

I would be cautious about replacing the sensors. Les Schwab replaced mine twice thinking they much have been defective after the first time since it didn't fix the issue. They also cleaned everything etc. It was a 3 month long process of finding nothing. It still wasn't fixed. It ended up being the wiring harness which was aboutique a $300 fix at the Chevy dealer.
I hope you get it figured out its definitely a stressful problem to have.

Originally Posted by Sam Robinson
I'm having this same issue on my wife's 06 equinox, sounds like doing 2 things should ALMOST guarantee a fix.
1. apply contact cleaner to the 6 plug described by leetompkins above.
2. replace the wheel speed sensor part# 22715444 I assume on both front tires since it is front wheel drive there should be and on the rear...I that assumption is wrong please correct me.

Question this raises is, How do you install these sensors?

Any assistance will be appreciated!
Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2006 equinox, 90,000 miles. When coming to a stop the brakes feel like they slip and then reactivate. I've had it to the mechanic and they have test drove it, but can't duplicate the problem. It happens intermittently. No warning lights are on. Anyone have any ideas what may cause this? This is the only vehicle I have. Is it safe to drive?
Thanks in advance who can help...
Old August 2nd, 2017, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Cool

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. I see that you have taken your vehicle to a Chevrolet dealership. Are you still experiencing the issue? If so, please message me your information along with your VIN so I can set up a case for you.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Assistance
I have the same problem but reacently i was playing with a vacuum issue and my situation impruved for about 2 weeks and slowly came back with my breaks every one says it's a sencer,hub,berring,and so on i have a raddle drivers side and it feels like something gets in the way of breaking i was almost in a wreck it could be in suspension like a strut ,or vaccume for the booster ,check the system for the booster and all lines it's could possibly be around the engin as an idea every one spends a bunch of money and no fix the sencor can be picking up suspension vibration and vaccume issues that can cause this to