Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Equinox floor boards are soaking wet

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2017, 1:39 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sunroof drains aren't long enough:
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/att...chmentid=5911&
Old September 26th, 2017, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone new to the forum got 2013 equinox got it 2 months back.rain couples of times nothing. Last 2 thunder stroms and l got water in driver and passenger side. Took off wiper rods and plastic behind it wasn't clogged. Pour bucket of water nothing is coming inside anymore. Removed a plastic from the engine bay which makes the windshields water to drain below to the ground.

Since bucket water did not come inside I'm guessing that plastic thing did the trick. I'm pretty sure because this plastic thing was not draining water outside & it was coming inside the cabin via fresh air intake (75% sure). I'll have to wait and see for the rain to come next time around.

Any other ideas or theories from the members please do share. Also how do I dry carpets and sound insulation material at the bottom without taking out front seats.
Old November 4th, 2017, 6:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I'm sorry to hear you've encountered the same concern in your vehicle, DebAmani. Have you brought it to the attention of your servicing dealership? We'd be happy to contact them on your behalf and review this in greater detail. If this is something of interest, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

Thank you,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
My sun roof drain is fine. Mine is leaking on the drivers side floor board just behind where i pop the hood. With so many people having issues with this how is there not a paid for fix?
Old September 12th, 2018, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Have the same wet floorboards, last year this happened, blew out sunroof, cleaned contacts on module under the dash on the driver side., lasted a yr. this week it happened in a heavy rainstorm, computer dumped to the safe engine mode and t/c light came up, cant go over 45/50 engine derates. On the belt parkway this is not good. took car to autobody shop, blew out runroof drains, cleaned windshield wiper drains, looked good for a day, lights on dash reset after running heater for an hour. lights came on after overnight, ran heater on high with A/C on for about 10 ,min, shut engine off and 30 sec restart no lights and ran fine for 40 miles. came out of work, lights up, put heater on again and 10 min, restart and ok. saw a vid on UTUBE about water problem and his solution was move the mod under the steering wheel, sounds good. Because no one can find the water leak.
Old September 12th, 2018, 9:25 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by PHOTOFPD
Have the same wet floorboards, last year this happened, blew out sunroof, cleaned contacts on module under the dash on the driver side., lasted a yr. this week it happened in a heavy rainstorm, computer dumped to the safe engine mode and t/c light came up, cant go over 45/50 engine derates. On the belt parkway this is not good. took car to autobody shop, blew out runroof drains, cleaned windshield wiper drains, looked good for a day, lights on dash reset after running heater for an hour. lights came on after overnight, ran heater on high with A/C on for about 10 ,min, shut engine off and 30 sec restart no lights and ran fine for 40 miles. came out of work, lights up, put heater on again and 10 min, restart and ok. saw a vid on UTUBE about water problem and his solution was move the mod under the steering wheel, sounds good. Because no one can find the water leak.
Make sure the cowl drain isn't plugged. It also wouldn't hurt to check your cabin air filter.
Old April 13th, 2019, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 equinox leaky floor

I have the same problem water running from dash. Seems it ran down the outside of tube till it goes through the fender jam. Today I got into it, and found the tube running up the pillar from drain hole in sunroof was not sealing in the rubber coupling from sunroof frame to drain hose. Used some r.t.v. sealant with 1/8 in tie wraps to pinch around house flooded the sunroof channel and drain seem to work properly. You do have to pull off visor and pull down the headliner alittlte to view and repair.
Hope it solves my problem, will keep you posted.
Bill
Old April 14th, 2019, 6:50 AM
CF Beginner

Smile i'M DONE WITH IT!!!

Originally Posted by ruley73
Make sure the cowl drain isn't plugged. It also wouldn't hurt to check your cabin air filter.
After the body shop incident, the truck started overheating and found the plugs to the fans were corroded. had to clean them worked fine for a while and then on a warm day it went red hot, Found the right side would not start had to tye wrap the wire to the A/C discharge pipe to hold it in place. The struts in the front were bouncing and it needed a tune up real bad. I gave up and traded it in at 135,000 for a 2018 Grand Cherokee Jeep Limited. I love it!!! I drive a 2009 Nitro which is ok for what I need right now, Its a tank which is what u need on the belt parkway.
Old October 13th, 2019, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default Wet floors and dead battery

My 2006 Equinox also had water issues. I took it to the dealership and they found that the area where the rear bumper attaches to the side of the body was not sealed on either side. They had to remove the bumper and properly seal it. I haven't had any more water issues since, and that was about 4 years ago.

I was also running into the issue of a constantly dead battery. The dealership told me that the factory radio had a short and was turning on by itself. I opted to unplug the radio because it was cheaper and I haven't had a dead battery since.

Now I just need to figure out why my daytime running lights and 1 headlight won't work, and why my engine cooling fan only works some of the time.
Old October 13th, 2019, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Engine fan is most likely the plug into the fan housing. same thing happened to me, if you can wiggle it, its loose and you can take it off and spray it with contact cleaner and then put on the A/C which will cause the fan to start, there are two fans so the passenger side fan starts first then the driver side. I had to take a wire tie and hold the plug in place. I tied it to the A/C hose. not a great idea but it worked. If both fans start when the A/C is on, it another problem. could be the temp sensor, or relay, I went for the simple fix first and it worked, When things start going wrong one after another, its time to upgrade. It got to the point it was just not reliable in the rain and snow
Old October 14th, 2019, 7:26 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Check the plug going to each radiator fan for signs of failure. They have a history of getting hot and melting which causes the fans to stop running.

As far as your lights go, your DRL resistor is probably bad and needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: 2006 Equinox floor boards are soaking wet