Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 equinox Rack&pinion mount bushings

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2016, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 equinox Rack&pinion mount bushings

Does anyone know if these mount bushings can be ordered separately? Im having a difficult time find information online? My R&P is fine with exception to the r/s bushing that is almost completely deteriorated possibly due to oil saturation from an oil leak that was coming from the engine oil filter housing mount...lol go figure. Any help would be appreciated. Mahalo.
Old February 16th, 2016, 7:18 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Unfortunately, those bushings are not available separately (link to parts diagram here). I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's highly unlikely that those bushings are bad due to an oil filter housing leak. The oil filter housing is on the front of the engine and the rack mounting bushings are almost completely enclosed by the metal mounting provisions on the subframe. You can't even see the bushings unless you remove the rack.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you see the rack moving when a helper turns the steering wheel while parked. If you have already removed the rack & pinion and confirmed the bushing is in fact bad/deteriorated, your only option is to replace the rack & pinion.
Old February 17th, 2016, 6:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

IIRC there were a number of worn rack bushing on nox....not due to oil but crap design. If there is playémovement replace it. Call the dealer as they will know if bushing are available