Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox Door Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2012, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Equinox Door Electrical Problem

Hiya all! Thanks for looking at the post and I'll keep it short and simple.

I have an electrical problem with my passenger side front, the power window and the door lock no longer work. But, the power mirror on that side still works. I was wondering if there was a fuseable link that runs power to the door or some other common piece of wiring that I've been overlooking.

I haven't put a multimeter on it to see if there's actually power going to each piece, I've pulled the interior apart to see if a connector leading to the door was separated and found nothing wrong.

Is there an electrical diagram available anywhere I can look at so I know where to at least start looking?
Old February 15th, 2012, 5:15 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts
Default revised

Originally Posted by MrFiXXXit
Hiya all! Thanks for looking at the post and I'll keep it short and simple.

I have an electrical problem with my passenger side front, the power window and the door lock no longer work. But, the power mirror on that side still works. I was wondering if there was a fuseable link that runs power to the door or some other common piece of wiring that I've been overlooking.

I haven't put a multimeter on it to see if there's actually power going to each piece, I've pulled the interior apart to see if a connector leading to the door was separated and found nothing wrong.

Is there an electrical diagram available anywhere I can look at so I know where to at least start looking?
I'm thinking that a couple wires may have separated in the door jamb within the rubber sleeve. Each of those circuits (power windows, locks) operate in a manner in which the way the power and ground are applied to the device (window motor, lock actuator) is determined by the way the switch is being pressed. As a result, the circuits are wired completely separate from each other with dedicated wires going to each.

I can tell you for sure that each circuit is grounded in a separate place, before going to their respective switches.

I have attached relevant wiring diagrams below.

2007-2009_Equinox_Power_Door_Locks_Wiring_Diagram.pdf
2007-2009_Equinox_Power_Windows_Wiring_Diagram.pdf

Last edited by ruley73; February 15th, 2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added attachments