Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Chevy - 90K miles - O2 sensor, EGR, TPS Sensor

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2012, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 Chevy Equinox - PROBLEMS - O2 sensor, EGR, TPS Sensor, Fuel Injection Sys

Hello, My name is Karen and I have a 2007 Chevy Equinox with approx 90k miles. It has been well maintained with regularly scheduled maintenace and oil changes every 3K miles.

Roughly four months ago the check engine and stabilitrack light would repeatedly go on and off. After a couple weeks it started to feel like it did not have enough power, was hesitant, and would slip from time to time. I took it to my mechanic and the error codes suggested I needed the fuel injection cleaned. My mechanic said that it was extremely, extremely dirty. He also completed the 90K service and I was on my way.

Three weeks later the lights were all back on. I again went to the mechanic and now the error codes suggested I replace the O2 sensor and the EGR valve. The car ran considerably better, but I did notice that the RPM needle would bounce at times while idling at a light or putting the car in reverse.

Now approx six weeks later I had a complete power failure and my car lurched and sputtered to a stop. I turned the car back on after a few minutes only to have the check engine and stabiltrack light on again. I was however able to drive to my mechanic.

He immediately ran the error codes and it now indicates that my TPS sensor needs repalced.

Before I commit to this new service I wantedt to try to figure out if these problems could all be related. I know a recall was recenlty issued for fuel pump leaks. I do live in an affected area but have not been able to get an answer as to whether my car falls under the recall.

Any suggestions or other avenues I should explore?? I am not anxious to throw another 500 - 600 at the problem.

Thank you!

Last edited by kburger123; November 1st, 2012 at 9:48 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Chevy - 90K miles - O2 sensor, EGR, TPS Sensor

Originally Posted by kburger123
Hello, My name is Karen and I have a 2007 Chevy Equinox with approx 90k miles. It has been well maintained with regularly scheduled maintenace and oil changes every 3K miles.

Roughly four months ago the check engine and stabilitrack light would repeatedly go on and off. After a couple weeks it started to feel like it did not have enough power, was hesitant, and would slip from time to time. I took it to my mechanic and the error codes suggested I needed the fuel injection cleaned. My mechanic said that it was extremely, extremely dirty. He also completed the 90K service and I was on my way.

Three weeks later the lights were all back on. I again went to the mechanic and now the error codes suggested I replace the O2 sensor and the EGR valve. The car ran considerably better, but I did notice that the RPM needle would bounce at times while idling at a light or putting the car in reverse.

Now approx six weeks later I had a complete power failure and my car lurched and sputtered to a stop. I turned the car back on after a few minutes only to have the check engine and stabiltrack light on again. I was however able to drive to my mechanic.

He immediately ran the error codes and it now indicates that my TPS sensor needs repalced.

Before I commit to this new service I wantedt to try to figure out if these problems could all be related. I know a recall was recenlty issued for fuel pump leaks. I do live in an affected area but have not been able to get an answer as to whether my car falls under the recall.

Any suggestions or other avenues I should explore?? I am not anxious to throw another 500 - 600 at the problem.

Thank you!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> kburger123,

I'm sorry you are having issues with your Equinox vehicle. I would be happy to check if your vehicle falls into the recall you mentioned. If you would like me to proceed, please PM me your VIN.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 2nd, 2012, 3:03 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Karen welcome to the forum...

I would have your mechanic check the battery connections, a poor ground can also cause a lot of false errors and will cause the vehicle to stall and not start...

The cable may need to be replaced from the battery to the chassis...it may also be worth while having the charging system checked as well as the battery....
Old November 2nd, 2012, 3:54 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
Karen welcome to the forum...

I would have your mechanic check the battery connections, a poor ground can also cause a lot of false errors and will cause the vehicle to stall and not start...

The cable may need to be replaced from the battery to the chassis...it may also be worth while having the charging system checked as well as the battery....
What he says. How old is the battery?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both so much for your response. I went and picked up the car today. My mechanic cleaned the contacts and the throttle and was able to get the potentiomter to realign so that both the sensor at the brake and the throttle open were in sync again. I dont' have much faith in this working and feel that we just kicked the can down the road for a while longer. The codes he pulled were P0121 and P01516.

However, I have never changed the battery so I will definately look into that as well. I have from time to time seem my dash lights dim and come back up.

Thank you again for responding. I really, really like my Eqinox and would consider a the newer model in 2 - 3 year. So I hope I can work these issues out.