Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Equinox Sport-No pwr window or lock drivers door

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Equinox Sport-No pwr window or lock drivers door

Help! My 2008 Equinox Sport has been bullet proof until now. Suddenly the drivers side pwr window quit working. Was intermintent for about a week then quit. At the same time, I've noticed the pwr lock for same door does not work, with remote or pwr lock button or when putting car in gear. Pwr mirror function still works for this door.

Any ideas?
Old May 18th, 2010, 5:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

It is a 2008 so you should still be under the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and be able to get this taken care of at your dealership. I hope it gets fixed.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 19th, 2010, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately, I am over the 36,000 limit. My next step will be the dealer, but I always try to figure it out before that step. I don't want pay ahuge a bill for something I caould have fixed.

Thanks again for your suggestion!
Old June 6th, 2010, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Your issue is contained in the door harness and most probibly within the door conduit itself ... sometimes one can expose the door harness and make the repair by disconnecting the door conduit from the door side and body side, remove the harness tape, repair the broken wires, with wire connectors you can obtain from your local auto reair outlet. If these not enough room, then removing the door pad is required.
Old September 1st, 2010, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

I just repaired the broken wire issue. Actually, there were 5 broken wires, all at the same location. I removed the door panel (easy) and then removed the kick panel(easy) and unplugged the harness at the front pillar. I then unpluged all of the harness components and removed the entire harness. I soldered all of the broken connections and shrink wrapped the individual wires. I then pulled another shrink tube over the open area on the harness. There are no longer any individual wires to break: They are all in on large mass.

Everythin works as intended and I hope it stays this way for a long, long time.

P.S. I had about 1.5 hours into repairing this. Not as bad as I thought.