Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox Rusting?

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2011, 5:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Equinox Rusting?

The hatch on my 2010 Equinox is rusting? this will be the second time this has happened. I sprent $700 on the rust modual, looks like that was a waste. Also getting a nasty rattle under the hood, I think it might be a pully bearing or something like that but they can check it out when they paint the hatch again.

Disappointed!
Old September 20th, 2011, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Just a update. The dealer I have is awesome. They fixed the two rust spots on the hatch. They re programmed the module and the noise has seemed to disappear.
Old September 20th, 2011, 4:00 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

Hey Von,it isn't the dealer you have a issue with,it's Chevy's body build.There is a old saying.In rust I trust breaks my trust.Hummmm-might be a good time to sell while it is still a shine to show.
Old September 21st, 2011, 7:03 AM
CF Beginner

Funny you say that. Going today to do some test driving.
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Door's rusting

I have a 20011 all four doors are rusting.
My sister-in-law has a 20012 three doors are rusting
My other sister-in-law has a 2013 with one door rusting
This was my first Chevy don’t know if I’ll buy another after this

Old July 11th, 2014, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 2010 Garage Kept Equinox Rusting w/ a rust proof pkg.

I have a 2010 Garage Kept Chevy Equinox WITH THE RUST PROOFING PACKAGE and all 4 inner doors are rusting. The body shop manager at my Chevy dealer is on vacation til Monday. They want to see my car in person first before telling me anything about what my rust proof package will cover. I will keep you posted. This will be interesting.

Signed,
Ready for a fight!
Old July 11th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by aslinskey
I have a 2010 Garage Kept Chevy Equinox WITH THE RUST PROOFING PACKAGE and all 4 inner doors are rusting. The body shop manager at my Chevy dealer is on vacation til Monday. They want to see my car in person first before telling me anything about what my rust proof package will cover. I will keep you posted. This will be interesting.

Signed,
Ready for a fight!
Hi there aslinskey,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing rusting on your Equinox. I'm glad to hear that you're planning on working with your dealership in order to have it addressed. If you would like us to reach out to them on your behalf, please PM us your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 25th, 2014, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue with my 2010 Equinox. I have contacted a dealer and GM and even though I have rust coming through, they are telling me that it is not covered under my corrosion warranty because it has not made a "hole" in the body. Apparently bubbling rust, missing paint, and cracked paint is not enough to honor my warranty. I am sick to death of GM and do not know what to do now. Of course there is now only about 600 miles left before it is out of warranty. Maybe that is why they are fighting it.
Old May 21st, 2015, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Equanox

I bought the vehicle May 2012 and purchased the rust proofing pckg. About a yr later, after the 1st winter, I found rust on the inside,
bottom
of 3 doors. I brought it to the dealership and they corrected it. I was due to go back in July of this yr to have the vehicle checked per the rust proofing pckg and again now, I find all 3 of those doors the paint bubbled and is falling off and the 4th door the same thing, but serious rust under the bubbled, falling off paint. I brought it back to the dealership and they want to spray the inside, bottom of the doors with that rhino liner material. People are telling me though that the reason the paint is doing that is due the doors are rusting from the INSIDE. I am pretty sure I am DONE with Chevy and I live in Chevy only household. Friends are telling me to get rid of it and go Ford. I am P.O. ed!! Oh yaeh, also found rust on my back lift door right by the Chevy emblom. The Rhino liner will be the only thing left of my door after a while. I think Chevy should be replacing our doors with new ones, with the drain holes lowered and a new warentee on them. That rust proofing pckg I bought was like thousands if dollars!! My salesman has today off or he would be hearing it from me right now. B.S. this is a new issue!! The dealership told me themselves this has been an issue with Impalas. Fix it, and fix it correctly or Chevy is my history and I will advertise my experience EVERYWHERE!!

Last edited by grizbaby; May 21st, 2015 at 4:47 PM.
Old January 20th, 2016, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 08 Equinox and the last few weeks my paint is bubbling above the doors and top panels. There is RUST under neath the bubbling pealing paint. I bought with no warrenty so I quests I am screwed!

Quick Reply: 2010 Equinox Rusting?