Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 chevy equinox major problems/just bought

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2014, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 chevy equinox major problems/just bought

Recently bought a used 2011 chevy equinox with less than 50,000 miles. I have always had a chevy and felt comfortable with the brand...apparently I am wrong. I have nothing but problems. Began stalling and had a rough idle and check engine light. Brought to our mechanic who said it needed to be seen by the dealer. They did work on the camshaft. A month or so later it is doing the same thing. So frustrated. I have read this will just continue the life of the vehicle. Anyone else with this issue? Super frustrated because this was supposed to be our reliable vehicle. Chevy are you doing anything to right this? If not, I am done.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 9:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bribomb
Recently bought a used 2011 chevy equinox with less than 50,000 miles. I have always had a chevy and felt comfortable with the brand...apparently I am wrong. I have nothing but problems. Began stalling and had a rough idle and check engine light. Brought to our mechanic who said it needed to be seen by the dealer. They did work on the camshaft. A month or so later it is doing the same thing. So frustrated. I have read this will just continue the life of the vehicle. Anyone else with this issue? Super frustrated because this was supposed to be our reliable vehicle. Chevy are you doing anything to right this? If not, I am done.
Hello Bribomb,

We would be happy to look into this further for you, and we apologize for these concerns! Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. We looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 31st, 2015, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2011 Equinox with 102000 miles. I was informed there are some problems with the timing chain and when I explain that to my dealership they told me there isn't a recall or special notice about the situation. I need help with this situation and since my vehicle is already over 102K. Also my backup camaera just stop working today.
Old April 16th, 2015, 10:25 PM
CF Beginner

Did you get your camera working/fixed? Mine in my '11 equinox stopped suddenly this week. First time it was just fuzzy and then stopped completely the next time I was in reverse.