Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Equinox transmission problems?

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2014, 3:30 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Catman,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your transmission. We can certainly reach out to your dealership on your behalf. Please private message us your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 31st, 2014, 5:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans problem

My dealer is Rick Hendrick chevrolet Duluth Ga Vin 2GNALDEK6C1243227 Donald Pardus 4852 arrowhead trail west sw Lilburn Ga 30047 Phn #678-982-6835
Old April 10th, 2014, 6:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default Equinox Trans Issue

Gm contacted me about my transmission issue and had me take it to dealer. Went to dealer and spoke to service manager about trans problem. He stated that his wife has the same issue with her Equinox with I4 6 speed at and they are trading theirs in on a v6 because the problem does not happen on those. So he took me over to the service writer who told me his Cruze is doing the same thing but he will live with it until they find a fix. They kept my vehicle less than 3 day and had me pick it up on day 3. They stated they didn't get paid for test driving vehicles and they could not duplicate problem. I had worked for GM and Ford dealers for over 30 years in parts , service and body shop and I know you can not find a intermittent problem in less than 3 days. So I called my customer service rep and of coarse was not able to speak to her left a voice message. She called me back and left a message stating I should try another dealer. I feel pretty certain my selling dealer should be taking care of me. My dealer Hendrick Chevrolet I thought was a good dealership to deal with. I forgot to mention this problem has been on going for 2 years and over 30000 miles. I guess I am going to have to take a beating on trade and find a different manufacturer who's number one priority is customer service. It is unfortunate because my wife really does like her Equinox. If any one out there can help with our issue let us know.
Old April 14th, 2014, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jgray
Well took it in again, they looked at me like I was crazy. I don't know if it is because being a woman, they think I know nothing about cars, but I found them very indignant. I fixed the problem though.....I drove over to Ford, traded in the Equinox, and got a brand new Ford Edge! Sorry Chevy, but I just couldn't see this problem being taken care of properly. Thanks for the suggestions though. Doubt if I will be a Chevy owner again.
I get the same feeling when I go to the Chevy Dealership....they make me feel like I have no clue what I am talking about. As soon as I can my Chevy Equinox is gone! I want a car that doesn't jerk it's way down the road.
Old April 14th, 2014, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Transmission Problems

I took my 2012 Chevy Equinox to the dealership because the transmission kept jerking. It jerks into gear when slowing down, and it jerks into gear at high speeds on the expressway. I was going around a round a-bout and almost got whip lash when the transmission jerked into a lower gear. So annoying! The dealership said they have had many complaints, and it's because I have a six speed transmission hooked to a four cylinder motor. REALLY? That is your explanation? I spend $31,000 on a car and it can't drive down the road smoothly!!!! Do we not TEST our products before we release them into production? I feel ripped off, and stuck with a car that is not worth the money I spent. As soon as I can find a private party to buy this car, and going to buy a Honda.
Old April 15th, 2014, 6:30 AM
CF Beginner

Took my vehicle into dealership after Chevy customer rep called. I spoke to the service manager at my dealership and he stated his wife's Equinox has the same problem and they are trading their's i n on a 6 cylinder. He also tried to blame it on a 6speed trans and 4 cal engine. The service writer who wrote up my vehicle said his Chevy Cruze does the same thing but he just lives with it. I did not spend $30,000.00 on a vehicle to just live with it. They kept my vehicle a whole day and a half and of coarse could not duplicate problem. So I picked up my vehicle called my customer service rep left a voice mail and it has now been two weeks with out a call back. I have filed a complaint with the NHTSB and if all of us with this problem would do the same my they can get Chevrolet to do something about this issue. I hate to take a beating on a trade but it is apparent Chevrolet is not going to do anything so it's time to start looking at Ford. Good luck trying to get anybody's help and if you get there name so all of us can get our vehicles repaired.
Old May 26th, 2014, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default I have the same issue as the others

It seems like this issue is not being addressed by Chevrolet, does anyone have an answer?
I am experiencing the same transmission problems that others are experiencing here. When I am slowing down, at about 30 mph it hesitates then shifts down hard. It feels like you were rear ended by another car. Also when I take off slowly it shifts hard. It doesn't do it all the time but for a care that is less than 2 years old I don't think we should be dealing with this issue.
Old May 27th, 2014, 6:10 AM
CF Beginner

I found a way to get the problem fixed . I took a $8000.00 beating and traded my 2012 for a 2014 with a six cylinder problem solved. I spoke to the district service manager in Atlanta and got no help. It was the same song and dance i got from my selling dealer service manager. This is the last GM I will ever purchase I am very disappointed that I had to spend this kind of money on a vehicle that Chevrolet is not coping to a trans issue that does exist with the 4cyl 6speed trans. I wish all of you luck in dealing with this on going problem.
Old May 28th, 2014, 7:22 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mortegirls
It seems like this issue is not being addressed by Chevrolet, does anyone have an answer?
I am experiencing the same transmission problems that others are experiencing here. When I am slowing down, at about 30 mph it hesitates then shifts down hard. It feels like you were rear ended by another car. Also when I take off slowly it shifts hard. It doesn't do it all the time but for a care that is less than 2 years old I don't think we should be dealing with this issue.
Hey mortegirls

We'd be happy to further investigate your concerns and try to offer our assistance. Our apologies if you feel this matter hasn't been properly addressed and we'd like to try and change that. Please private message us your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 29th, 2014, 6:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default Mortegirls

Gm tried to help me to that's why it cost me eight grand to get out of a badly manufactured vehicle good luck

Quick Reply: 2012 Equinox transmission problems?