Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Equinox transmission problems?

Old June 4th, 2014, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue with my 2012 Chevy Equinox that you all are having. I have taken it to the dealer twice! They keep telling me that they can't duplicate the issue and that nothing is wrong. There IS something wrong when your car finally shifts into gear and you look in the rear view mirror thinking you've been rear ended!!!!!!! My equinox only has 16,000 miles on it! I should not be having this issue! Has anyone been able to get it fixed? Please help...

Thanks,
Leah
Old November 24th, 2014, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default equinox 2007 awd Trans issues, trans is spudderin slipping and a general lack of p

Seems like this is an ongoing issue, mine has started this same problem for about a week now. By the looks of it I'm going to be in for a good 3 grand before all is well, really sun when u drop 16000 on a car that you've only had for 3 years. I'm getting ready to send it to the shop tomorrow to see what's the cause. Course the worst part about this is it happening on christmas. Have the same issues going on my tahoe, had that Trans replaced with another 4l80e and I'm in the same boat. What is going on with Chevy transmittions ?!?!

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey mortegirls

We'd be happy to further investigate your concerns and try to offer our assistance. Our apologies if you feel this matter hasn't been properly addressed and we'd like to try and change that. Please private message us your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 24th, 2014, 4:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ryan,
what is the engine size of your car? Gary
Old December 1st, 2014, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Before attempting to drain the Tranny fluid where is the port that is used to fill the tranny? 2006 Chevy Equinox.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 5:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Hello,
On the 2006 model, The trans is called AF33-5 (55-50sn on nissan models, yes same trans) This trans has no pan but has a side cover(across from radiator) just in front of the side cover is a small dipstick, in order to get the dipstick out you must remove a ten mm bolt. I would add fluid through this area too. Gary
Old February 12th, 2015, 1:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Chevy Equinox LT

My name is Jose and I am experiencing the same issue with my transmission. When accelerating or maintaining acceleration going up hill. It seems to sputter. It is now happening on a regular road. It is really too bad because I truly like this car but is has been nothing but problems. My wife and kids don't feel safe driving it but currently don't have a choice. Chevy has sure let me down. Our family has purchased a few Chevy's throughout the years but seems like the quality they started putting out over the past turn of the downturn of the economy has been really poor.

It is really crazy to hear people here being told the same thing I was told at the dealer. They told me that they could not duplicate my problem. They had me pay for a reprogram of the TCM and it still hasn't fixed it. I now have another appointment to go in on Monday. I can't afford to dump money on this car. I have had an ignition problem where the key doesn't come out when I turn off the vehicle for a long time. With Chevy's poor warranty program and the poor quality of the vehicle it has left me with a really bad taste. I will be looking to purchase a vehicle soon in the next 6 months and I will be more then likely be looking at other manufacturers.
Old February 12th, 2015, 6:30 AM
CF Junior Member

Jose,
Hello, im Gary, With your truck does it work ok cold and slip and bang when the car is hot? (i have a shop in new york)
Old April 1st, 2015, 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default Apparently the issue is too difficult for them to solve

I have the same issue as the others! I have taken my car back to the dealership not once, not twice but five times! WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT??!! One of those times they kept it for 8 days and only put 32 miles on it and "couldn't get it to duplicate the issue." SHOCKER!!! It doesn't do it all the time but when it does it randomly, it scares the crap out of you! They tell me they can't duplicate it so they can't do anything about it! Just because you can't duplicate it doesn't mean it's not happening!
This is a promise so you can take it for what it is worth......if something happens while I am driving this car to me or my children I will own you! Does that make sense???!!!! Do lives not matter???? GM you better get your crap together before you lose everything you have!!! #fedup
Old April 2nd, 2015, 6:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default Trans Problem

Originally Posted by jgray
I am experiencing a couple of problems. When I am slowing down, at about 30 mph it hesitates then shifts down hard. It feels like you were rear ended by another car. Took it to dealer a couple of times and get the "can't get it to duplicate" answer. When accelerating, especially up hills, trans feels like it is disengaging then it shifts in hard. I will be going up hills at 65mph, pressing on the accelerator harder and harder, now doing 60 mph, then it hesitates, shifts, and now I am suddenly up to 75 mph. What the heck?

I was in heavy traffic in Vegas and needed to get over fast. When I put my foot in it......the rpms revved up but I went no where, let off the gas and then it kicked in and I almost hit the car in the next lane. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?
I solved the problem when they refused to recognized the issue. I traded it in on a v-6 and the problem disappeared.
Old April 4th, 2015, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Chevy Equinox Transmission Problems

I recently purchased a certified 2012 Chevy Equinox LT. I started experience shifting issues that cause the car to lunge forward when changing between 1st and 2nd and/or 3rd gears. I brought it in the service area after less than one month ownership to have them tell that they never heard of their cars having this issue. I then went on to this site and realize that there are many equinox owners that are experiencing this very issue. I am extremely disappointed in the dealership
selling me a vehicle that they must know has transmission safety issues.

I see from other consumers postings that the service departments usually say that they cannot duplicate the customers complaints and therefore they are left with no other choice but to sell their vehicles. This is unacceptable and unfair to people who pay their hard earned money for a vehicle that is not safe to drive and GM is unwilling to admit their is a problem with their transmissions.

Last edited by verydisappointed44; April 4th, 2015 at 4:40 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Equinox transmission problems?