Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox transmission question

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2022, 12:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Equinox transmission question

Hello all, so I recently purchased a 2007 equinox with the 3.4l v6 and the aisin aw33-5 transmission. So I am hoping that someone here will know the answer to my question.

The transmission is leaking from the valve body cover on the side of the transmission (front of the engine bay, below the battery box). I have one bolt that the t35 torx head is stripped out on, it's also the hardest bolt to get to as it is right up against the subframe.

I can however, remove the bolt with some vice grips and a hammer - but that will of course ruin an already ruined bolt.

Does anyone know the acdelco part number for those bolts? (There are nine of them I believe) or does anyone know the specifications of the bolt, so that I may try to find a suitable replacement? I can't really just remove one, and go to the hardware store to compare.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Old April 28th, 2022, 8:12 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Why not remove an already ruined bolt? The only way to fix it is to replace the bolt. Remove it and go to an Auto parts store (NAPA) and get another bolt .Even if it's a hex head and not a torx it should work! Good Luck with your problem
Old May 1st, 2022, 10:25 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Overlordexo
Hello all, so I recently purchased a 2007 equinox with the 3.4l v6 and the aisin aw33-5 transmission. So I am hoping that someone here will know the answer to my question.

The transmission is leaking from the valve body cover on the side of the transmission (front of the engine bay, below the battery box). I have one bolt that the t35 torx head is stripped out on, it's also the hardest bolt to get to as it is right up against the subframe.

I can however, remove the bolt with some vice grips and a hammer - but that will of course ruin an already ruined bolt.

Does anyone know the acdelco part number for those bolts? (There are nine of them I believe) or does anyone know the specifications of the bolt, so that I may try to find a suitable replacement? I can't really just remove one, and go to the hardware store to compare.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
The OEM part number is 24220587, and GM's MSRP is $5.28/ea - some dealerships may charge more. As far as availability goes, they aren't discontinued, but no dealership in the whole country has any in stock. Expect to wait 7-10 days for them to ship from the only GM parts facility that has them.

As someone already suggested, you should be able to find a suitable replacements at a hardware store. The thread specs of the screws are M8 x 1.25 x 15.5mm.
Old May 1st, 2022, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ruley73
The OEM part number is 24220587, and GM's MSRP is $5.28/ea - some dealerships may charge more. As far as availability goes, they aren't discontinued, but no dealership in the whole country has any in stock. Expect to wait 7-10 days for them to ship from the only GM parts facility that has them.

As someone already suggested, you should be able to find a suitable replacements at a hardware store. The thread specs of the screws are M8 x 1.25 x 15.5mm.
Thank you so much - I had been trying to find the spec for the bolt but had no luck. Now to just go search around and find suitable replacements so I can get this problem resolved!

Thanks again!