Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 Equinox Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2015, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Equinox Bluetooth Issues

I just bought an equinox on Sunday (yay!) and it's already in the shop.

I've been having issues with the infotainment system connecting to my android devices (Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7, Etc). As soon as I try to play music , I hear a continuous "static" - almost as if someone is pressing play then pause really quickly.

This seems to happen more often if I switch from XM to Bluetooth... Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anything I can do to mitigate the crappiness of this issue?
Old January 14th, 2015, 5:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi pros,

I'm so sorry for this inconvenience! Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide technical advice, but if you have questions or concerns please let me know. I'd be happy to help and look further into this matter for you. Please let me know if assistance is needed!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 14th, 2015, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

I'm hoping the dealer fixes this issue, they seem to be very solution focused so that's good at least. If the issues are not eventually resolved, I'm sure we will work something out (be it an after market head unit replacement by chevy, a software update, or an entire vehicle / brand replacement). I will say it's odd this happened... I mean come on, Bluetooth media playback has been a standard for years. How did this issue get past the QA department anyway?
Old January 15th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I can certainly understand your frustration, pros. I'm happy that you've taken your Equinox to your dealership for a proper diagnosis. We again are not able to provide technical advice when it comes to your concern. Please keep us in the loop in regard to the status of your vehicle. If further assistance is needed we're here to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 17th, 2015, 3:37 AM
CF Beginner

It's still buggy (music doesn't always update, skips when the music first starts, and has issues with the play button on the radio), but the full replacement did make it slightly better.
Old February 26th, 2015, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

onstar not working 2015 LT2 dealership says its the module has anyone had this problem
Old February 27th, 2015, 11:19 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by billiam22015
onstar not working 2015 LT2 dealership says its the module has anyone had this problem
Yeah - some guy with an 2015 Impala also had that issue.
Old February 27th, 2015, 11:20 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Found it.

Read here:

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...-impala-70417/
Old April 12th, 2015, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Yes we purchased our 2015 Equinox ltz dec. 13,2015 it worked about 3 days. Part was on nationwide back order. It took to the end of March to get part. Now the Bluetooth only works when it wants so another trip to dealership.
Old May 19th, 2015, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Equinox Bluetooth issues

I bought a 2015 Equinox in Dec 2014. It's been in the shop 5-6 times for bluetooth issues. When i use BT for speech to text or phone calls it won't disengage when i end the call or speech. I get static and the radio can't be used or stations changed. Eventually the display goes blank and even after i shut the car off the radio display stays on and eventually kills the battery.

They've done everything from change the remote starter bc they thought it was a bad ground to replace the radio and it's still happening. Even after they replaced the radio, i would get in the car, start it and drive and then hear, "Call ended" when i haven't even used the BT. SO FRUSTRATING

Quick Reply: 2015 Equinox Bluetooth Issues